Torture

Michael's P.O.V

Just another lonely day on the streets. Getting harassed by little kids and even adults. Sometimes I blame God for putting me in this position. He wants me to suffer. I blame him for taking my only best friend away. I miss my mother every single day. I love her to pieces. She was my only friend and the only person who gave me hope. She gave me strength and confidence - before they were totally demolished by whom I call my family.

My name is Michael Joseph Jackson and I'm 18 years old. I've been homeless for about 3 almost 4 years now. You would think after a long period of time you would just get used to it but I never did. People discriminate me every single day when they walk pass me. I usually get spit on multiple times a day, get harsh racial comments. Random teenage boys - even grown men just come up to me - beat the living crap out of me for no reason at all. I honestly believe that I do have fractured ribs. They kick the living crap out of me. I have blood stains on my clothes. I don't even remember the last time I took a shower. But I do make sure my teeth are always brushed. I always find a way to make sure that happens.

Anyways, my father Joseph kicked me out right after my mother's funeral. I was 15 at the time. He's always wanted me out of the house. He used to threaten me on the daily. He would mentally and physically abuse me just like all my other siblings. My father would always tell me how ugly I am and that I'll be worth nothing to no one, that I should just kill my self because nobody wants me. They wouldn't miss me. That no one would even notice that I'm gone.

People would even bully me at school. I've tried killing myself multiple times but it just never works. It's like I'm meant to be put in this position for what? Torture? What did I even do to get treated like this? I've always been the one to be there for people when they needed help. I was a helpful person. I gave it my all to satisfy people but it wasn't enough.

I've always been lonely. I've been told I was weird and strange. That I'm not normal. So literally all I do is sleep on a very cold then sometimes very hot sidewalk and that's how my 365 days go by.

I used to be very smart in school. I was in all honors classes. I was even ahead of everyone even the Seniors at my high school. At home, I was a workaholic. I was always looking up different things to learn them before everyone else even heard about them. We had a little library in our home and that's where I would be 24/7 reading. Blocking out everything around me. I've always loved literature. Just how people expressed their opinions and feelings was just inspirational. How they got away with it. It was just amazing.

I always wrote down poetry, write songs and little short stories no one even knew about. I also loved drawing as well. How creative and intelligent people's mindsets were. How each detail of the masterpiece described something different. The emotion that shows. Just all of it fascinates me. They can be free. They do what they love for a living. Something that I'll never be able to do.

Just like multiple times a day...

"Hey you stupid ugly fucking piece of shit bastard." One guy says.

I never make eye contact with them because they'll know how much I fear of them and hurt me more. Most likely kill me.

He walks over to me grabbing a fist full of my hair yanking on it. He pulls on it so I am now standing up before him. He has one of his buddies kicking me in the stomach multiple times then after having his other buddy punch me in the face before letting me go.

"We'll be back for you later. Don't even think about leaving." With that they all leave laughing like nothing ever happened.

I fall to the ground holding my stomach thats in excruciating pain. I wish I knew how to fight back but I don't. I'm just a weak soul. All I do is cry because I'll never be loved or accepted.

What do they want from me? I'm just nothing to no one. Why keep coming after me I didn't do anything to anyone? All I do is sit here in pain with no one wondering how I am doing. Not seeing if I'm alright. People just stare at me and laugh. I'm just a stupid piece of shit.

How hard is it to find someone who'll actually care about you? Who will find you and see that your broken inside. To show you that there is real people who still love and care for others who are hurting tremendously. I would do anything just to find that one piece of happiness or a way out of this life I'm living in. All I am is trash to everyone. Not even the other homeless people like me. I'm just such a disgrace to God and human nature. I'll just keep trying to end myself until it works. Then everything will be alright.

I grab the sharp stick that I made a few days ago, planning on cutting myself but instead I just cry. Why am I such a burden? My mother didn't raise me up to be a pity. I treated others the way I've always wanted to be treated. This isn't how I want to be treated. You know I'd give someone my all if they'd just give me a chance to prove myself.

I sit here everyday thinking about what future that I'll have. I've always loved children and I want some of my own with a wife. I want to love her and express the love that I have. I could love every inch of her if she allowed me to. I could be the man and the father she needs. I only need a chance. Just one. But no one will. Instead I'm just another piece of living garbage who lives on the streets that no one gives a fuck about.

This is how it'll be for the rest of my life and I'll just have to deal with it in the end.