Chapter 42

You are cordially invited to attend the wedding of

Uchiha Sasuke

and

Haruno Sakura

Venue: Akasaka Hikawa Shrine

6 Chome-10-12 Akasaka, Minato City, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan

Sakura read the words sprawled elegantly on the light pink invitation and she could not hide the smile that managed to penetrate her lips as she waited by the lobby of the airport. She stood there until she saw the people walking to the lobby, Sakura's eyes sought the familiar faces through the unfamiliar ones as her gaze landed on her mother, beside Mebuki are her husband and Sakura's grandmother.

Sakura waved her hand at them and Mebuki quickly noticed her daughter as she ushered them towards Sakura.

"Welcome home, mom, dad," Sakura said. "Oh, and grandma, I missed you!"

She gave the old woman a hug, not too tight as to crush her fragile bones but still tight enough to release the kind of warmth like home.

"Are you alone?" the old woman asked as she looked around.

"Uhh, yes," Sakura answered reluctantly.

"Where is the young man?"

Sakura blinked her eyes before she smiled, a little by force. "Sasuke-kun was left in the penthouse to take care of Sarada so I drove here alone. But it's fine! I was the one who insisted that he should stay home since Sasuke-kun is a bit exha—"

"Hmm?" The old woman hummed skeptically, raising her brow as she looked at her granddaughter. "What kind of man stays home while his bride-to-be drives alone to the airport?"

Sakura wanted to say that Sasuke is exhausted. He's been taking care of most of the arrangements for the wedding, going over to Akasaka and then Shinujuku and Shibuya, not to mention, he also go to the company regularly. It actually took Sakura quite a while to convince him that she'll be fine driving alone to the airport.

"Oh grandma, before I forget," Sakura said, deliberately changing the topic. "Here's the invitation to our wedding. And you wouldn't guess the venue."