Chapter 47

Moving in to a new house still felt surreal, Sakura actually like the fact that they are moving to a suburban area, although the district is known for its wealthy neighborhood Sakura couldn't help but notice the mansions around the area. She did choose the one that looks less expensive than the other ones, but it's still too luxurious compared to her old house. Although she grew up in a humble abode, Sakura also knew that even if the house is big, with its grand staircase that welcomed her once she stepped inside the living room, she knew that the abode would not make her feel any lonely.

The interior has a touch of western design but the atmosphere it exudes felt warm. She looked about, her eyes practically sparkling as she saw the grand chandelier. She's practically living a fairytale life with her Prince Charming and cute little daughter.

"Do you like it?" Mikoto asked as she stood beside Sakura.

"Yes! No, I love it! The house is beautiful," she answered, turning to Mikoto who return Sakura's smile. "Although the house is still a little empty." The two women proceeded to the back where awaits a garden while Sasuke was left with his father as they stood in the living room.

It was Fugaku who cleared his throat, an attempt to get Sasuke's attention but Sasuke ignored it, acting as though he didn't hear anything as he looked around with the baby snuggling close to him. He doesn't particularly likes nor dislikes the place, he still did feel a bit indifferent about moving back close to where he grew up in. But this is nice too after all.

Fugaku cleared his throat again, a little louder than earlier and Sarada lifted her head, looking at her grandfather and Sasuke's eye twitch in annoyance as he turned to his father. "What? If you're going to say something, just say it."

Fugaku's glare was evident, but he closed his eyes, his brows slightly furrowed before he started to speak. He looks as though he's had enough of Sasuke talking back to him that by now he let it slide, ignoring it.

"Your mother was the one who recommended this place. It seems she knew that your wife would like this one," he said and Sasuke just looked at him, not really knowing what to say with that. "Our house is not too far."

"I know," Sasuke said, turning away as he started walking. The baby snuggled on his shoulder again, nibbling on her finger as she looked behind Sasuke. She saw her grandfather, her eyes wide as she looked at him.

Then Fugaku did something out of character. He smiled, only the slightest upturn of his lips, slowly widening into a smile, his eyes close as the wrinkles on the side of his eyes became more evident, a sign that he, too, is not getting any younger. He waved at Sarada all the while giving her a warm smile.

The baby started giggling, outstretching her hands towards her grandfather. When Sasuke heard his daughter giggling, he suddenly stopped. He looked at the baby before slowly turning around just in time to see his father composing himself. His smile vanishing, his stoic mask back to hide his expression. But Sasuke could very well see the remnants of a smile that he had never seen in a long time. Fugaku averted his gaze, loosening his tie as he cleared his throat slightly.

"Next time you're going to smile," Sasuke started. "Do it when I'm not turning away." Sasuke averted his gaze just in time when Fugaku looked at him.

"I..." Sasuke trailed off, and he sounded as though he doesn't want to admit it. The small tint invaded his face, just the littlest of tint that reminded Fugaku of a young eight year old boy who seem bashful. "I have already forgotten what my father looks like when he's smiling."