Chapter 23

It's kind of ironic. How a woman seem to move on faster than men when it comes to infatuation. A lot of people may not know it, but it's actually true, that in most cases, even if a woman seem to be more emotional, they still get over an infatuation quicker than men. It's just that, men often act like it didn't bother them because they don't like showing emotions.

But what does Sasuke knows about those things? He hardly comprehend it. In fact, comprehending his father's lack of affection to him comes often than comprehending those kinds of things. But when he saw her again, however, he was sure of it. She's over her infatuation to him. So over it that Sasuke almost let out a sigh of relief.

"You must be Haruno Sakura," Karin said once she's in the living room. Her eyes landed on Sakura who seem surprise for a second before she looked at the baby in her arms that resembled Sasuke in more ways than one though her eyes are definitely from Sakura, she thought.

"I'm the interior designer," she said, after Sakura put the baby on her bassinet.

"Good morning," Sakura said, putting some strands of her hair behind her ears.

She doesn't want to feel conscious but the woman just seem to have an air of confidence around her that Sakura felt like she's standing out like a mushroom. Of course that little gesture she made didn't go unnoticed to Sasuke but before he could say anything, Karin suddenly spoke.

"I'm Uzumaki Karin," she said, lending out her hand. "Please to meet you."

"Uzumaki?" Sakura mumbled as she took Karin's hand for a handshake.

And then Sakura was surprised when she saw her grin and she walked up to her as she put her hands on her shoulders.

"Alrighty! Let's go and decorate the baby's room! You Sasuke, stay right her and watch the baby," she said, sounding so excited Sakura was almost taken aback.

"What the he–?" Sasuke trailed off, biting his tongue to refrain himself from cursing as he shook his head. "Just..do what you need to do."

Sakura just went on and let Karin drag her to the baby's room and before she knew it, they were talking about decorations and stuff that Sakura was almost overwhelmed. While Sasuke, on the other hand, was left in the living room with silence as his company.

And then he heard small mumble from the baby, making the otherwise silent living room filled with her baby noises as Sasuke looked at her. He was a bit taken aback when he saw her staring at him while she lie in her bassinet. Just staring, unblinkingly staring at Sasuke. She wasn't laughing, or smiling or doing anything for that matter. She just stare at him.

And Sasuke doesn't know that being stare at by adults is much different than being stare at by a baby that is no less than a year old.

Of course Sasuke didn't avert his eyes. He doesn't know why but he feels like if he averts his eyes he will lose, whatever it is he will lose. Or if he so much as blink his eyes. But the baby is firm at staring at him with that big eyes of hers. After a few seconds of just staring at each other, Sasuke couldn't help but speak.

And he did so with his usual tone of voice that he use when talking to everyone.

"What do you want?" He asked, feeling his forehead knitted in a frown and he noticed the baby did the same.