Chapter 44

(Mature content ahead. Read at your own discretion)

----

Sasuke has been called a killjoy far too many times than he could have bothered to count. More often than not he would be labeled as someone who doesn't really know the definition of fun. And most of the time it was Naruto who would tell him that. That he doesn't know how to have fun. And right now, as Sasuke sat on the sun lounger by the balcony, he watched as everyone else has their fair share of fun by swimming in the pool, some of them eating or drinking and having some kind of conversation Sasuke didn't bother to hear.

He just sat there, watching Sarada. The baby playing on the ground, wearing her small tutu swimsuit and a hat. Sasuke's eyes averted to the baby, just checking if she's eating anything she shouldn't eat. She still has a habit of shoving anything in her mouth.

"This is annoying," Sasuke muttered with a sigh, leaning on the seat as he downed the liquor and put the glass on the table by the side.

He watched Sarada about to crawl away, so before she can go anywhere else Sasuke stood up to take her before he went back to sit on the lounge chair, pulling the baby to sit on his lap. Sarada faced her father, her head tilting to the side as she suck on her fingers. Sasuke was suddenly reminded about what Sakura said, don't let her suck on her fingers because it will create a bad habit.

"Stop that," Sasuke said, as if the baby could understand his words. Sasuke took Sarada's hand out of her mouth and put the pacifier dangling from her side instead, which the baby happily took.

"You see, this is supposed to be your parents' honeymoon," Sasuke said, taking it upon himself to talk to a baby no more than one year old, as if she can understand him. Sasuke just want to talk to someone. But everyone is busy having fun. "You aren't even supposed to be here. Because this is supposed to be a honeymoon."

The baby just looked at him, her big onyx eyes resembles Sasuke's eyes. In fact the resemblance between the two is starting to be more noticeable.

"I heard once," Sasuke started, changing the topic. "The first born daughters would resemble their fathers. I think that might be true. You're starting to look like me."

Sasuke squinted, as if he is looking closely at Sarada's facial expression. Which of course is blank, since she really doesn't understand what her father is saying. She just answered Sasuke with the continuous suck on her pacifier.

"It makes me wonder," Sasuke started again. "If the first born daughters resemble their fathers. Maybe first born sons would resemble their mothers? Don't you think so, too, Sarada?"

Just after Sasuke said that, the pacifier fell from Sarada's mouth as if the baby understood his words and was shock that her mouth hang agape causing the pacifier to fall. But then again, that might have been just a coincidence as Sasuke took the pacifier and gave it back to the baby who happily took it again.

He moved the baby who is now facing in front, towards the pool as she leaned on Sasuke's chest.

"Do you want to have a sibling?"

Sasuke looked down on his daughter, who is busy fiddling with the hem of her tutu attached to her swimsuit. As if the baby could understand him, Sasuke chuckled lightly.