Chapter 12

Five minutes after Sakura left, Sasuke stood up and went to the living room where he sat on the couch. He sighed before lying on the sofa, putting his hand atop his forehead. He didn't know why he suddenly blurted that out to her, drive her back to her house, what was he thinking? He knew she'd refuse, damn he could hear her answer even before he could ask the question. But there's a small part of him that hoped she would have said yes, but it was so small it was barely noticeable.

He didn't know if somewhere between those thoughts, Sasuke had fallen asleep. Until he heard the sound of the elevator and Sasuke was pulled out of his slumber that wasn't too deep to begin with.

There's a small part of him that expected Sakura came back, maybe she forgot something. Sasuke sat up and shake the sleep in his system as he watched the person walked inside the living room only to be disappointed when he saw it was not Sakura.

He was so disappointed, Sasuke didn't bother hiding his disappointed expression as he looked at the person.

"What the heck are you doing here?" Sasuke asked, leaning back on the couch as Naruto walked towards him.

"Hey Sasuke! Why didn't you tell me you're back early? I thought your flight's next week," Naruto said and Sasuke just ignored him, pressing and rubbing his temple.

"How did you get in here?" Sasuke muttered, seemingly tired, the slumber going back in his system as he felt his eyes droop.

"Auntie lent me your key card. Still got a jet lag? I brought some beers here, thought you'd enjoy some." Naruto shrugged his shoulders before he stood up. He may be having fun annoying Sasuke but he knew when to draw the line, especially at times when Sasuke just came back from a thirteen-hour flight.

"I'd live em in the fridge," Naruto said, heading toward the kitchen when Sasuke called.

He opened his eyes and stood up. "Let's go to the balcony," Sasuke said, nodding towards the balcony.

Naruto grinned and proceeded to the balcony. He always like this penthouse because among all the buildings in Central Tokyo, it has the best view of the Sky Tree in the distance. The lights from the buildings and down on the street seem like little dots of stars. Naruto put the can of beers on the table and he took two, handing Sasuke one as he leaned on the balcony.

"Hey," Sasuke said after a brief silence. "You said you were the one who interviewed my Secretary."

"Yeah? What about her?" Naruto took a gulp of the beer and the familiar taste run down his throat as he sighed.

"What was she like.." Sasuke said but trailed off momentarily. "..to you?"

Naruto was silent for a second, contemplating his question and for a moment Naruto thought how odd of Sasuke to ask such thing. He rarely takes interest in women. No wonder why some people heard and believe rumors about him. But Naruto just shook his head internally, he knew his best friend is straighter than a flagpole. It just so happened that he doesn't like his cousin so he refused the engagement. Not that it matters now anyways.

"What was she like hmm?" Naruto said, propping his chin on his hand. "She's pretty for starters."

Sasuke's eye twitched in annoyance but instead of saying anything, he just took a sip of the beer. He knew she was pretty, so it's a given other guys would think so too.