Chapter 3

Roughly one week before Christmas, the streets and townhouses in the suburban area in Hawaii have all been decorated by Christmas lights. Even Sasuke had someone put a simple bulbs out in the balcony but other than that, the townhouse he was staying at seem as bland as always. While Sasuke grew up in a family that had been strongly influenced by western Christmas traditions due to going overseas and having several family friends abroad, Sasuke doesn't particularly like the holidays. New year is another thing though because Japanese used to celebrate the new year more traditionally by visiting shrines and temples.

"So Sasuke, what's your plan for Christmas?" Naruto asked as they sat in the living room playing an old video game that Naruto found in a cabinet, they used to spend some time in this townhouse before when they were young so the video game kind of brought them back into childhood.

Sasuke just shrugged his shoulders, his eyes too focus on the screen of the television to even bother glancing at Naruto.

"Aren't you going back home? Aunt hasn't called you yet?"

"Why do you care? If you're eager to go why don't you go back home alone?" Sasuke said before the screen displayed game over as he almost threw the controller. He leaned towards to get the can of beer on the coffee table as he downed the content.

"Yeah? I was planning to go back home tomorrow."

Sasuke stopped for a moment to look at Naruto. "Really? That's good to hear."

Finally some peace and quiet, Sasuke thought. He doesn't even know if he could even spend another day with Naruto constantly annoying the hell out of Sasuke.

"Are you really planning to spend Christmas here alone?"

"Yes," Sasuke said, leaving no room for argument. Naruto was about to open his mouth to speak when Sasuke's phone suddenly rang. His mother's name displaying on the screen as Sasuke stood up to head to the balcony.

"What is it Mom?" Sasuke asked.

"Your father want you to go back home for Christmas," she said, and Sasuke could almost feel the annoyance creeping up to him when his mother mentioned his father.

"You're spending Christmas in Japan? I thought you plan to spend Christmas in England?"

Sasuke doesn't like the sudden change of his family's schedule for Christmas. Unless something important comes up, their plan would always often remain the same. And besides, Sasuke wasn't planning to go back yet. Next year, probably, but not for Christmas.

"Yes. But an important family has invited us for a dinner on Christmas Eve."

Sasuke knew, whoever that family is, must have been important. Otherwise his father's ego would be too big to rearrange his schedule for Christmas.

"What family?"

"It's the Senju–Uzumaki. And I believe Naruto is going back to Japan tomorrow."

Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose as he contained his annoyance. "I don't think–"

"Sasuke," his mother cut him off, saying his name in a firm tone but Sasuke could hear her take a deep breath. "Come home for Christmas Eve and afterwards you're free to leave."