Chapter 26

Sasuke doesn't like associating himself to anyone. He was never the type who would approach someone first. Perhaps that's why he doesn't have many friends to begin with. Even now, after so many years, he could count the people he consider close using his hands. And among those people, the one that Sasuke is closest with, ever since he was a kid, was that guy that Sasuke always called loser.

"Naruto," he said, sitting across him in a cafe as Sasuke lifted his hand and Naruto looked at it.

Naruto lifted his eyebrow in return and tap Sasuke's hand before Sasuke took his hand back and glared at Naruto.

"The note, give it back," Sasuke said, looking at Naruto who started to frown.

"Note? What note?"

Sasuke fought the urge to roll his eyes as he sighed exasperatedly. "The one she gave me."

"Oh! The note from Sakura-chan!" Naruto finally said, as if a light bulb appeared atop his head, but then his frown went back almost instantly. "Why would you still wanna keep it Sasuke? You wanna remind yourself of your first one-night stand or something?"

"That's not my firs– juts give me the damn note Naruto," Sasuke said, gritting his teeth, putting his hand on the table and Naruto lifted his hands in mock surrender.

"Alright, no need to get so riled up. Wait a sec," he said, taking out his wallet and checking if he still kept the note. He was going to say he lost it but Sasuke looks like he's ready to murder someone so Naruto decided not to anger him more as he handed the note to Sasuke who put it back in his wallet.

Naruto took a sip of his espresso before leaning on the chair and crossing his arms across his chest as he looked at Sasuke seriously.

"So, Sasuke," he started. "When are you planning to tell your parents?"

"When are you planning to stop being so nosy? Why do you even care?"

"Come on man! I'm your best friend, tell me!"

That's right, friends. Sasuke wouldn't be able to forget about it, about how this guy insisted on being friends with him ever since they were a kid. Sasuke was always the cool-headed kid and he was this loud-mouthed loser who kept on challenging Sasuke saying that they're rivals. In a sense, they are, since they are both from two family conglomerates. But Sasuke knew they were different. Naruto isn't tied to any expectations from his family, that's why he was always so happy-go-lucky, and Sasuke hated that. At least, until he got so fed up with him annoying the hell out of Sasuke that he finally accepted they were friends, and since then Naruto never left his side.

And no matter how many times Sasuke throw harsh words to him, he never took it seriously. That's just the kind of guy he is, Sasuke thought.

"One week," Sasuke finally said. "I'm giving it one week. After that I plan to ask them for a family dinner over our house in Hiroo."

Naruto nodded his head. "Should I come then? I could give you some moral support."

"Didn't you hear what I said, Naruto?" Sasuke asked. "I said it's a family dinner, you're not even part of our family."

"Sasuke teme!" Naruto said, instead of being offended. He has always take things lightly.

And maybe, Sasuke realized, maybe that's what friends really are. Lifting the mug of coffee, Sasuke took a sip, hiding the upturn of his lips as Naruto continue to talk like he always does.