29 (doubtful bliss)

Chapter 29-------------------------------

"y-you what?"

Alex froze her eyes boring into his.

She registered the surprise in his face as the words tumbled out of his mouth.

"I.... I love you" he repeated his eyes serious.

"you don't know me well enough to love me" she replied sitting up and quickly finding her clothes.

" I know enough lass"

" you know I'm completely broken and I'm easy" she said laughing humorlessly pointing at the desk.

She watched his muscles bunch and release and he pulled on his clothes. She was fully dressed by this point.

" you are not easy!" he yelled sounding angry.

"I've known you for what 3 months? And I let you fuck me on a desk what's that say about me?"

"it says that you are letting me in love. It says you are finally letting someone past that wall around you heart. Please PLEASE don't shut me out now"

He begged her with his eyes as he grabbed her hand pressing it to his chest. She could feel the steady beat of his heart against her fingertips.

Alex's heart was anything but steady. She felt it hammering against her ribs. It was pounding so hard Alex was sure it'd burst through her chest at any moment and land on the desk in front of them.

"you'll hurt me" she whispered clutching her chest with her free hand.

"I won't" he said vigorously shaking his head sincerity pouring from those beautiful green eyes.

Her heart ached, her throat was tightening. Tears were pricking the back her eyelids.

"all I'm asking is for a chance Alex"

"and then what?!" she yelled her voice bordering on hysteria.

" then what happens when you let me down? When you move on? When I become nothing to you but a memory?"

He jerked her close to him and held her face where she couldn't look away.

"that won't happen Alex"

"you don't know that" she whispered brokenly.

"you're right. I don't" he Admitted

"but I'm looking at two eyes right now that I would love to look at every morning from now on"

Alex snorted and tried to look away unsuccessfully since Luke still had Firm hold on her chin. His heart slowly broke when a single tear rolled down her chin changing on his hand.

"you don't get it...I've heard this all before" she sniffed

"not from me" he murmured kissing her forehead

She whimpered leaning into his touch.

"just give me a chance" he murmured against her.

"please don't hurt me" she whispered squeezing her eyes closed tightly.

"I can't take it again"

"I'm not going anywhere lass" he said smoothing her hair back and kissing her cheek.---------------------------------------------