6

One drop.

Two drops.

Three drops...

Then it comes down in buckets.

"Pull it in (F/n)" Cliff radios in to me.

Here we are at Homestead. We got halfway through the first stage of the race, hoping the rain will hold off. But I think everyone knew that wasn't going to happen based on the continuously darkening sky.

The weather radar even showed that we will be stuck in this rain for a good couple of hours...

I bring my car down to pit road and I see my guys bringing out the car cover. I shut the engine off and lower my net to crawl out.

Taking my helmet off, Cliff comes up to me with an umbrella. "Shame, we were making some ground there..." he mumbles.

"Yeah. Twelfth is honestly and alright spot considering it's just the start. I know we will get there."

Cliff offers me the umbrella and I shake my head with a grin, "such a gentleman."

I walk to our pit box underneath some cover and sit down in one of the chairs. Cliff goes through some notes so we can prepare for whenever we get to race again. The track will have cooled off and cleaned up after this shower.

Suddenly, the rain picks up, making the track only barely visible.

"I think it's going to be a while..."

Chase's P.O.V

The rain just keeps coming down. The officials said it'll be about an hour or two before they can send the dryers out to start drying the track.

So here I am in the garage area with Ryan Blaney. I'm leaning against the wall chilling and talking about this and that with him. It mainly consists of some game stats and the last few rounds we did with each other on Call of Duty.

Out of the corner of my eye I see (F/n) walking by. She's just waltzing down and twirling her umbrella, making the drops spin off the ends.

"I don't think she bites buddy" Blaney says out of nowhere.

I look over at him, "what do you mean?"

"What do you mean 'what do you mean?' I've noticed since Daytona, provided it's only been a few weeks since, you just sit here and watch her." He laughs.

"I do not."

"You do too! Here, watch this," he smirks, "hey (L/n)!"

(F/n) stops and looks around until she sees Ryan smiling at her in a goofy way and motions her over to us. She cocks her head to the side a bit with curiosity and walks over.

She stops just outside, "Hey what's up?"

"Put your fancy umbrella up and come hang out," Blaney gestures around us, "we have all the comfy seats with amenities and quality entertainment you could possibly need. Nice and dry under here too!" he grins.

Her cheeks tint with red for a second, "really? I don't want to intrude on your guy's tea party and hair braiding session" she grins.

"I was hoping you could give us some tips" I say with a small chuckle.

Blaney gives me a small nudge at the side as (F/n) folds up her umbrella and puts it aside. She seems a bit unsure, or surprised, that we invited her over here.