30

Chase's P.O.V

Ding.

Ding.

Ding.

I open my eyes and roll over in bed. I snatch my phone from my nightstand and flick on the screen to see I have a slew of messages from everyone wishing me a happy birthday.

I rub the sleep from my eyes and sit up, opening a few from Ryan and even one from Katrina. William, Alex, Mister Hendrick, Alan, a few of my other friends and some family, and even (F/n).

I grin as she blew my phone up at midnight. She typed out each word in the birthday song and sent as a separate text message. I scroll through and at the end she has "I hope this woke you up by the way" and has a big happy face tagged at the end of it.

10:27am
Unfortunately for you, I slept like a baby ☺️

10:28am
(F/n): Darn...

10:28am
Thanks for the wishes though

10:29am
(F/n): Not a problem Bob. Be sure to check your mailbox 🙂

I sling my covers back and stretch as I stand up. Fletch raises his head and hangs his tongue out in a little doggy grin. I bend over and give him a scratch behind his ear.

I walk down the stairs and my phone starts to buzz. I see it's mom and I swipe it up and hold the phone to my ear. "Happy birthday Chase!" She says excitedly.

I smile, "Thanks mom."

"What are you up to today? Doing anything special?"

"No, not really. Ryan might swing by and a couple of my other buddies. But just chilling out here at the house."

"Well me and your father want to take you out for your birthday dinner as usual. Where do you want to go?"

"Hmmm..." I hum as I make my way to the door.

"We can go to the same spot unless you want to try something different."

"Let's keep the tradition. We've gone there to that restaurant since as long as I can remember. Miss Patty would be sad if I didn't come see her."

Mom and dad always have taken me to the little diner that's been here in Dawsonville and this kind old lady has always worked there and would always give me free cake and ice cream on my birthday. Gotta love Miss Patty.

"Alrighty figured I'd offer. How does... six sound?"

I nod, opening the door and sure enough there's this brown box with (F/n)'s writing on it. She drew little balloons and birthday cakes on it too. "Sounds good."

"We'll bring you your present too then. But I'll let ya get on with your day sweetie. Love you."

"Love you too mom. Tell dad I said hi."

"Oh I will, he's out doing a few things for me," I can practically hear her smile.

"What shenanigans are you up to?"