12

"Do I really have to?"

"Yes ma'am" Ryan pats my shoulders as me, him, and Chase stand outside the door of the GameStop.

"I mean, I really could have just bought it on the actual console instead of coming to get it you know?"

"(F/n). We have to initiate you properly. And besides, there's nothing like going and getting the actual copy of the game. Anything else is cheating. Consider it a symbol of our friendship!"

I give Ryan a "are you kidding me" look and roll my eyes. I decided to get the same gaming console as him and Chase and agreed to get Call of Duty so they, Ryan especially, will shut up and be happy that I'll be playing with them. Normally, I get on a call with them and pretend I'm listening to them ramble on as I do something else.

"Guys this isn't my first rodeo. I've played before..."

"But then you quit playing! And now we're a trio and don't want you to feel excluded," he wraps an arm around my shoulders as we go in, the door chime ringing.

"Trust me Ryan. I don't think I felt excluded," I chuckle.

Chase leans forward beside my ear and mumbles, "I hope you took notes or else he won't let you hear the end of it."

I grin, "I think after hearing you two talk about it constantly over the call... I could play in my sleep."

Ryan goes over to the wall with all the games and he scans the shelves. Chase finds something that catches his interest and I slowly walk over Ryan.

"Help me look for it."

I crouch down and look through the titles, finding a few I might able interested in trying, as he mumbles the titles he sees.

"Guys look at this!" I look up and Chase holds a Pop figure of himself in his hand, "it's me!"

He has a child like grin on his face as he turns the box over in his hands, examining his mini-me. "Do they have one of me over there?" Ryan asks, taking his attention away from the games for a second.

"I looked, but didn't see any," he shrugs, "I think I'm going to get this one of me though" he chuckles.

"Are you that narcissistic?" I ask with a smirk as I stand up, with the Call of Duty game in hand.

"Nice! You found it!" Ryan grabs it from me, "what? So that way you don't accidentally purposely set it down to get out of our agreement," he playfully winks at me.

"Adding it to my shrine of myself actually" Chase says and smirks back.

I playfully roll my eyes at the two, following them over to the checkout counter. The young cashier guy rings Chase up, then me. I hand him the cash for it, watching my hard earned money go to the entertainment fund for the two.

We are in Talladega for the race this week. The three of us decided to come early so we could hang out a bit. And mainly so Ryan and Chase can witness me purchasing the game. Ryan said it was a "pivotal moment in our friendship, worthy of ceremony" and so that's how we ended up at this point.

"You guys, we can't even play until like... Monday or Tuesday next week. I'm sure you didn't lug your gaming systems out here? I sure didn't..."

"It'll probably be Wednesday since you don't fly home to your apartment in Charlotte. You'll be on the road Monday morning, feel like death on Tuesday after the travel so you'll want to relax and do nothing, and then Wednesday you'll be ready to repeat it all when you leave for Kansas Friday night." Chase says as he counts on his fingers all the reasons.