33

I blink the sleep from my eyes and roll over to see the clock read noon. My eyes widen, "Holy crap!"

I sit up and throw my thick comforter off of me and hop out of bed. I walk to the kitchen where dad is at the table eating a sandwich. "Well good morning-noon there sleeping beauty!"

I scratch the back of my head, "I didn't realize I slept that long. Or that I slept at all honestly," I chuckle and open the fridge to get myself something to drink.

"Having breakfast or lunch?" Dad asks and I hear him take a bite out of his sandwich.

"Good question. Probably lunch here in a bit."

I pour myself a glass of grape juice and take a swig. Surprisingly I woke up feeling quite refreshed despite the events of yesterday. I look out of our kitchen window at the sun shining down and giving the illusion of a nice warm day despite it being absolutely cold out.

"What are you up to today dad?" I glance over at him.

He wipes his mouth with a napkin and takes a drink of his soda, "Christmas lights..."

I chuckle, "need help?"

He looks at me, "Please. You know your mom sets out so much junk for me to put up and it's a whole day affair."

I grin, "That's why I asked. But hey, at least the house always looks pretty and festive! I'd say you give us an award-winning house."

He grins, "Your mom just nags me to death until it looks the way she wants it to. Happy wife, happy life!"

"Well, let me get myself put together and I'll be outside to help you."

He nods, "Thanks (F/n)."

After I brush my teeth and wash my face I go and pick out something extra warm to wear. I slide my pants on and a thick hoodie to wear underneath my winter coat. I brush my hair and contemplate on if I really want to pull my hair back... my face will be cold, but if I leave it down it'll just annoy me with all the bending and whatnot that I'll be doing. Plus my gloves will only make it staticky when I try to brush it back...

So I dreadfully pull my hair back.

•••

"Only got these deers to put up!" Dad says as he crosses his arms as we stand back to admire our work. It's about four thirty in the afternoon and we are both cold and worn out.

White lights go around our house and we wrapped the poles that help hold the roof up in red ribbon to make them look like candy canes. We have a white spiral lighted Christmas tree up in the yard and we usually put the deer next to it. A few blow up decorations of snowmen and a Santa Clause welcome you as you walk down the sidewalk. We have net lights that drape over a few of our bushes that sit along the side of our house as well. A wreath hangs on the door and over our few windows and each have a red bow tied onto them.

Some might say it's kinda tacky but my mom absolutely loves it. Christmas is her absolute favorite time of the year. I can't wait to see what she's done inside the house because it'll be a whole winter wonderland once it's all said and done.

Dad isn't the most enthusiastic about this time of the year. He hates putting up the decorations only to take them down again shortly after... That and he just can't stand the cold.

Today has been good for me. I've blown over yesterday and just had time to think while I help out the decorations up. I decided I won't let myself get upset over silly things, because at the end of the day Chase is first and foremost my friend. And now that I'm free from Garrett I think I can let myself try to trust that it'll all work out.