10

I'm leaning against my car window, my hands on the glass as tears stream down my face.

It feels like I'm suffocating.

I turn and see Garrett with my car keys just watching me.

"You couldn't handle the truth as to why I did go out with you!" His face scrunches in disgust.

The tears fall faster and I cry harder. I just want this to be over. I want to sit in my damned car away from this monster that's just publicly humiliated me in a restaurant, while I wait for my parents to come get me.

Kudos to him for not letting me drive myself home in the state I'm in. Whatever it counts for.

But after him ghosting me for weeks and playing back and forth with the "You're negative and annoying" to "I love you" and then just now asking me to meet him to talk... And proceeding to walk me through our whole relationship and how he planned x, y, and z and how I'm such a bore and too soft and weak. That it was all just because he was bored and felt bad that people, the people I called my friends, had treated me so poorly all the time.

Felt pity that I was alone.

That nobody loved me except my family.

I walked from the table and went outside, fumbling for my keys to the car when he snatched them and kept his distance. Now I'm here. Sobbing in this small parking lot as people inside stare at me on the outside.

I sit on the small ledge of the sidewalk and hold my face in my hands as I gasp for air.

"Are you okay hun?"

I look through blurred vision and see these two older ladies walking up and they see me in the state I'm in. Garrett looks at me and then says, "It's okay."

The women look over at him and then at me and all I can do is shake my head.

I want to scream at them to help me. To get this monster away from me. But I'm at a loss for words.

Mentally, I'm dead. Physically, I'm limp. I'm starting to loose the feeling in my legs as I watch the ladies turn and walk into the restaurant.

I see those eyes. Those brown eyes piercing into whatever is left of my soul. The sociopath's smirk displayed on his lips as he bathes in my misery.

I don't quite remember what happens next but I'm in the car screaming and crying, letting it all out on full blast, as my mom drives me home in my car, my dad following in the family car.

My throat raw, my legs tingling in numbness, my mind just blank. I somehow make it to my room once we get home and I sit on the bed, my mouth open as no sound escapes but tears flow. I stare at my feet.

Nobody has ever attended their own funeral. But I have. That's what happened that very day.

I remember just asking to be alone as I stared up at the ceiling of my room from my bed. The one time I can't remember what I was thinking as I wasn't thinking at all. Just focusing on my breathing and looking at the ceiling.

Completely broken beyond repair. The damage was done and it was permanent. Deep down I know that would be the case, even if I can pull myself out of this dark hole that I was manipulated into.

I had barely eaten the last few weeks. And suddenly it hit me like a truck. My stomach growled and I released a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

My mind became less foggy feeling and I slowly sat up. I wiggled my toes- the numbness was gone. I touched my fingertips together- the growing numbness was gone there too.