39

What happens Vegas, stays in Vegas.

I down my fourth shot and look at Katrina as she sets her own shot glass down at the bar table. The loud pop music beats through the large space inside this club. People are dancing, socializing, and drinking in every inch of the place, all having a good time.

Me and Kat decided on a little scandalous look. She's got a bright red tank top with high waisted jeans accompanied by a cute brown and gold belt. She decided to wear black heels as well that have a few cute straps. She even decided to curl her hair, making it extra bouncy and wavy. I went with an almost similar look, having a long sleeved deep v-neck black shirt with jeans and some tennis shoes.

Sexy but subtle.

I scoffed at Kat when I saw her in heels. Her feet are going to get torn up after a little bit. I specifically told her I am not carrying her drunk self down the sidewalk barefoot later and carrying her smelly, sweaty shoes...

She spins around on the tall bar stool to look at me, "So how's Chase been? Ryan's said he's been kinda down in the dumps."

I shrug, "He's just not happy with his performance. I can tell it's wearing on him though..."

The bartender slides me a bigger glass of this new fruity drink Kat recommended to me. I take a sip and the strawberry and alcohol flavor bursts wonderfully in my mouth. I look at her and point to the glass, "This is good!"

She grins, "Hell yeah it is," as the bartender slides her her own glass of it.

There's a pause and she says, "Ryan's been really worried. They haven't been talking a whole lot he said... He even offered him to go with him and the other guys to the casino tonight, but he said no."

I nod, "That's surprising... Ryan's his best friend so there's definitely something wrong. I hate seeing him be like this... everyone is worried about him. Especially me."

I swirl the contents that are now halfway down in my cup, starting to feel my ears heat up a bit. I look over at her and take another drink. I set the glass down and smack my lips.

She nods slowly, "Have you asked him if he's okay?"

I sigh, "Like Ryan, he won't talk to me much either... William has talked to him, but I haven't seen much difference."

"Text him. Call him."

I shake my head, "I'd rather talk to him in person about the topic. But I can't even do that anymore it seems. I don't know what happened since the last time we saw each other over break."

I chug down the rest of my drink, feeling tears start to well up, "I hate seeing him deteriorate like this. He's my friend Kat and I can't do anything for him! I have no idea what will help. Even when he told me about his stress in Florida I couldn't really do anything."

She shifts closer to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders as a tear slides down my cheek. "He's going to be okay (F/n)..." she says. "Ryan knows something is up and he's gonna try and talk to him. If anyone can get to Chase, it's him. As for you- girl don't cry!" She says softly and wipes a few tears from my face, "Just keep being that supportive friend that you are. Chase will get through this. He's done it before, he can do it again. Whatever it is."

I grin, shaking my head as I wipe more tears away, taking a deep breath. "Yeah I know. I just... I just really care about him Kat."

"I know. I know you do. But I promise it's going to be okay."

I look at her and smile and I see her eyes lined with tears as well. I poke her cheek, "Why are you crying?"

She grins, "I have no idea, it must be the alcohol."