27

Chase's P.O.V

"So (F/n)... the Driver's Award Banquet is coming up. Thinking about what you're going to do for your speech?"

(F/n) coughs, almost spitting out her water. "My what?!"

"You didn't know?" I arch my eyebrow with a smirk, "every new driver in the cup series is required to give a speech after the first season at the awards."

Alex nods, kicking my foot under the table, "yeah I had to give one and it was a disaster."

Her face pales, "how long does it have to be?"

"Five minutes minimum," I nod.

"And I have two weeks to write this thing... I don't even know what to put! And I've got packing to do for when I go back home! What did you guys say in yours?"

Alex chuckles, "just put how your journey was to the cup series and how greatly awesome we are as teammates and just how you look forward to next season and all of that good stuff. Make sure you make it good because NASCAR wants it to sound professional and sophisticated because we compete at this high level and want to represent that."

She lets out a sigh, "Oh my God..."

"Don't worry you'll be fine. I believe in you," I say and pat her on the shoulder.

She picks up the files on the table and pushes her chair back. We just finished our end of the season meeting with our team, William had already taken off though, and they amped up the work on the schedule and gave print outs to everyone to keep in mind.

"Well. I've got to head back and get my stuff together... I will see you guys whenever and don't be surprised if I shoot ya my draft. I don't want to sound like a looser to send off my rookie year!"

I nod and give her a salute, "Best of luck!"

She leaves and I look at Alex and I bust out laughing, "she's gonna kill us once she finds out that's a fat lie!"

"Dude she is!" He laughs and slaps the table top, "I hope William doesn't blow it for us. He's too nice to her."

I pull out my phone and give him a call. "Hello?"

"Willy B!" I smile, "I want you in on something so please don't say anything..."

"Sure what's up?"

"Me and Alex just pranked (F/n) into thinking she needs a five minute speech to give at the awards ceremony. Said all the newbies in the cup series have to do it. She is freaking out because she has two weeks on top of everything else. Don't tell her it's a lie!"

There's a pause, "Y'all are asking for a death sentence. But I like it. I'm in!"

"Thanks man I knew you'd come in clutch!" Alex hollers.

"Alright man see ya. Let Ryan and Katrina know now because I know she talks to them."

"Good idea."

We hang up and I look at Alex, "I can't wait."

"Me either."