25

Your P.O.V

"You're gonna have raccoon eyes ya know..."

I open my eyes and see Kat looming over me. She walks around me and onto the chair that's laid out beside mine. She's in a white two-piece baiting suit and a little tan sun hat. The sun beams down on us both as I'm sprawled out too in my baiting suit, except I've got my sunglasses on.

"Don't think it'll do me any worse than what the bags underneath my eyes already are doing for me."

She shrugs, "good point. But I'd take em' off before it's too late!"

"Yeah you're probably right..." I take them off and set them below me in the sand.

I get up and lay on my stomach so that way my back can soak up some rays. Even though I'm in a one piece, my back is exposed just enough. Plus, I'm trying to avoid two-toned legs for once this summer.

I hear a pop and glance over to see Kat getting some sunscreen on her hands to rub it in on her body. "Hey can I have some? Now that I think about it I totally forgot!"

She rubs it into her face and arms and then gets up and sits on the edge of my chair. She puts more on her hands and then massages some onto my back.

"Damn even I don't get that treatment!" I hear Ryan call as he walks up to us.

"I'll get you brother!" Alex grins and puts his arm over his shoulders.

"Thanks man" Ryan says and claps Alex on the back.

Katrina puts more sunscreen in her hand and turns and slaps Ryan right on the chest, leaving a big hand print of sunscreen, "there you go boo-boo!" She grins.

"That was mean..." he mumbles and starts to rub it in.

"Only (F/n) gets the special treatment from me and you know this!"

I giggle, "I feel honored."

"You should!" Kat looks proud and then goes and leans back in her chair.

Ryan and Alex go and sit down in the sand and start to draw something in it. I arch my eyebrow, "are y'all building a sand castle?"

"Hell yeah!" Alex calls.

"You can't not go to the beach and not build a sand castle (F/n)! It's something we have to do before we leave tomorrow." Ryan says, making exasperated motions with his hands at the sand.

"Have fun!" I call and close me eyes and lay my head back down.

"So tell me what's going on between you and Chase (F/n) spill the beans." Kat says quietly so just us two can hear.

I open my eyes again and look at Kat, "nothing that I'm aware of?"

She sits up a bit, "Girl you've got to be kidding me! Do you not see the way that man looks at you?"

I arch my eyebrow.

Leaning forward she goes, "Yesterday at the track I saw you two. He had your hand in his and I swear he was about to kiss you. But then he stepped away. And girl the look on his face when Brad shoved you out of the way... I swear he'd have been dead on the spot if looks could kill." She pauses then laughs a bit, "to be honest though, I'm surprised he just hauled you up like he did! That's dedication right there."