19

"Well, here we are!"

I stare at the huge white beach house in awe.

Alex pushes up at the bottom of my chin with his finger, "Might let a fly in there."

"Just some extra protein," I retort.

He laughs and pushes ahead. We go up the stairs and he unlocks the door. So far, we are the only two here yet.

The inside is even more impressive. There's a big dining room space that leads to a huge living room. A big flat screen TV is mounted on the wall and big plush couches surround a coffee table with a few magazines on it. The other side around the corner has a luxurious kitchen with fancy stainless steel appliances. There's a screen on the fridge and it seems like one of the ones that will sing to you as you cook.

There are big and tall floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooks the beach and a deck just outside. There's stairs leading to, what I'm assuming, are the rooms and the bathrooms.

"What a view," I mumble as I stand by the windows. I watch the rolling waves lap at the sandy beach.

"Yeah it's quite the spot. I'm glad we found this place."

Alex rolls his suitcase over to the stairs and I follow. "Decided on the rooms yet? Like who gets the one room to themselves?"

He bats his eyelashes at me, "because me and Chase are gentlemen... we decided you can have a room to yourself and me and him will sleep together."

I chuckle, "sounds good to me. I'd hate to have to suffocate one of you with a pillow for snoring."

"I don't snore, that's Chase."

I roll my eyes with a smirk, "all men do it."

"Okay. I'm going to sneak into your room one night and record you snoring logs."

I laugh and haul my bag up the first few steps, "I'd love to see you do that."

We make our way up the stairs and up to the second floor. He looks into all the rooms just to check them out and shows me the way to where I'll be bunking. He leaves me to unpack and I set all of my stuff out on the clean bed with dark blue sheets. There's a body mirror resting along one of the light grey, almost white, walls. I check myself out in a yellow tank top and deep blue denim shorts with my brown sandals. I fix my hair up a bit from it getting ruffled from the hassle of driving for hours.

I then take in my room. There's a decent sized TV on a light brown stand with a cable box and remote. The floor is soft and tan carpet. There's also a small closet on the same side of the door. And I have huge windows much like the ones downstairs and a small little balcony just big enough for one or two people to stand and look out at the ocean. Long, sheer curtains are pulled back to the sides to let the light in.

Florida. I've never spent much time here except when I ran the occasional race. Never stayed long as it was a headache driving back home.

After I stuff my belongings in the light brown dresser drawers, I sneak over to Alex. I lean against the door frame and cross my arms, "how far out are the others?"

"Tired of me already?" He smirks, "Ryan, Katrina, and Chase are about an hour away. William and Erin are about a half hour out. Give or take as they mentioned via text message."

I nod. "Well how about me and you take a not-so romantic walk along the beach?"

He stands up, "of course my Princess" he bows.

I grin as I turn and make my way down the stairs. Ever since Chase's comment that night of my first win about me being Seeping Beauty and needing Alex to kiss me and wake me up... we've had this running joke between us two.