17

I hook my arm through Katrina's as all four of us walk down the sidewalk. It's lit by the headlights of the cars passing by and the street lamps.

"That was a really good time. I enjoyed this," I say to her.

Throughout the night me and her got along very well and we found out that we have quite a bit in common. We exchanged numbers after I told her a few funny stories of Ryan. She said she has to hear more so she can find new ways to embarrass him.

In a loving way of course.

I'm glad we met up with them or else I wouldn't be able to say that I finally have a new friend that's actually a female. I love hanging with the guys, but sometimes it's nice to have another girl to just talk to.

And again, it's been so long since I've had this. Good company in general. I smile to myself at the thought.

"So Chase, when's my first class trip around the world?" I holler back.

Chase and Ryan were walking side by side behind us and he looks up at me and says, "I'll have to find the perfect time. I'll let you know."

"Wow, all of that trouble to get me to agree and now you don't even know when we are gonna go..."

He shrugs, "I have to put on a show for you so you'll do it again. Therefore, it has to be perfect. Weather, day and all in between."

I grin, "oh trust me... you definitely put on a show for me."

After our little bet we all cycled through with each other and ultimately him and Ryan gave us a real banger at the end. Chase really relaxed throughout the night so by the end, he was really going good. Singing isn't his strong suite, but I was still decently impressed. And despite that he doesn't seem like it, he can really move when he wants to.

So I gave in and agreed to let him fly my around. Once. And that would be it. However, I'm low-key (or high-key) hoping he forgets.

I hug Katrina and Ryan goodbye and hop back into the truck with Chase. As we pull out, the roads have gotten less busy and I watch the city lights out of the passenger side window as we drive by.

"So, the final race before the playoffs is in a few weeks. It'll be in Daytona, not that you already didn't know that... but me, Alex, William, Erin, Ryan, and Katrina will all be renting this house by the beach for a few days before and after the race. We plan to do some festivity activities and I was wondering if you would like to join us? At the house and the fun stuff."

"What kind of festivity activities do you have planned?"

"Well it mostly consists of going to the beach, boating a bit, the amusement park, and just some extra bits along the way if we see anything."

"Sounds like fun. So sure, I'm in."

He smiles and steals a quick glance at me, "sweet. I'll let everyone know."

I count on my fingers, "that'll be seven people including me, so how's the sleeping arrangements going to go? Is there even enough rooms for everyone or are we kicking it on the couch and floor?"

"Well Ryan and Katrina will probably share a room, and so will William and Erin I'd assume since those are the couples of the group... so that leaves me, you, and Alex. It's a four bedroom house with two bathrooms, so we can probably rock-paper-scissors for who gets the room by themselves. Or we will just see when we get there what's what."