14

"Look who it is! It's our not-so-much-of-a-rookie-now Talledega winner (F/n)!" Alex shouts when I enter the room.

"Woohoo!" The small group of people cheer and clap for me.

I grin and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, a bit embarrassed by all the attention.

After the post-race win duties I got to my motor coach, changed, called my parents, and was swept out by Alex spam texting me to hurry outside and he had a car waiting for me to go to a "secret location."

A.K.A he had a little party for me set up at the hotel he was staying at.

So now here I am.

Of course, my guys William and Ryan are here, as well as a few others I've become cool with at the track. Then some others whom I think are friends of everyone else that came to support me.

"Y'all really didn't have to-"

"Of course we did. First win at the Cup level calls for a nice little celebration," I feel Chase's hand on my shoulder, giving me a light squeeze as he pops up beside me.

He offers me the drink in his other hand, "first shot is on you."

"Cheers to me then!" I take it and tip my head back.

The rest of the night went with everyone making jokes and telling some random story that always had me laughing by the end. We all drank and I started to feel the effects somewhere in the middle. Someone had ordered a few large pizzas and I think it got inhaled from how quick it was gone.

I found myself sitting next to Chase the whole time on the small, but very comfy, couch. His arm was draped behind me resting on the top. He was immersed in a conversation with Ryan, which wasn't anything new, and I just looked up at the side of his face.

He was pretty handsome. His dark eyes squinted a bit when he smiled or laughed and he'd sometimes rub his, work-in-progress attempt at facial hair that I found myself to like, chin when he was deep in thought about something. Being this close I could smell that he had recently showered after the race. He smelled absolutely amazing, even though I couldn't put a finger on what it was, and I'm surprised I'd never really noticed before. But then again, I don't go around smelling people either. His hair was so soft looking with the waves he had pushed back.

But I think I'm really too deep in the alcohol at this point.

I shouldn't think that kind of stuff about my teammate. Especially when he's a good friend.

Before I could stop myself, I had leaned forward and my fingers were touching his hair.

He turned and I retracted my hand, and pretended to flick something off, "sorry I saw this fuzzy bit and it was bothering me," I said quickly.

He chuckles and turns back to Ryan.

"Well it's like one in the morning so I'm probably going to roll out of here," William says as he gets up and stretches.

I stand up, a little off balance and give him a hug, "thanks William. I'm glad you were here to celebrate," I smile and step back, "are you good to drive though?"

He nods, "yeah I'm not much of a drinker. I only had like a shot or two just for ceremony," he shrugs, "but I'm really happy for you (F/n), you definitely deserve it."

And with that he says a few more goodbyes and takes his leave, a few others slipping out with him.

I sit back down next to Chase, this time sort of pushing myself to the edge so I don't randomly touch his hair or face again.