16

"That was SO good..." I lean back in the chair and pat my stomach.

"Yes it was," Chase stretches and leaves the bill and tip on the bar top, "ready to head out?"

I nod, "Yeah. But you might have to wheel me out to the truck though... I can't move I'm so full."

He slides off the chair and I hop down. I see Chase's shoulders shake as he laughs when my shoes hit the ground.

We get to the truck and I look over at him, "So what's next?"

As if on cue, Chase's phone rings and he answers it quickly, "yeah what's up?"

I wait awkwardly, looking out the window.

"I mean we're like an hour away... but if you want to wait then yeah we can go. Let me ask her real quick," he looks at me, "Ryan is with his girlfriend at this karaoke bar place and wanted to know if we wanted to go?" He arches an eyebrow at me.

I shrug, "sure, why not."

He goes back to his phone, "we will see you there."

He ends the conversation and he taps on his screen and pulls up the map. He pastes the name and address and we reverse out of the parking lot.

"I can't wait to hear you sing."

Chase grins, "I'm just there for the entertainment and a good time. Good luck getting any shows from me."

"Chaaaaase, sing with meee!" I whine in a mimicking way of him earlier about me flying with him.

He looks over at me, "I see what you're doing."

"Payback."

"Let's make a deal (F/n)..." he says slowly.

"I'm listening."

"If I sing, you have to agree to one flight around with me."

I feel the color drain from my face despite knowing this is where that deal was going. I take a sharp inhale and hold my breath for a moment. I slowly exhale, "Okay fine whatever."

He gives a little fist pump, "yes!"

I cross my arms, "but you better give a few good notes because if you don't try then I'm not doing it."

He smirks, "just you wait..."

•••

We pull up to the parking space down the street from the karaoke bar and I see Ryan's car already parked. The sun is starting to set since it's around six in the afternoon. We get out and walk down a ways and into the neon-lit place.

We walk around until we find Ryan and this girl, who I'm sure is his girlfriend according to Chase, waiting for us outside this section with couches surrounding a little stage with microphones and a jukebox.

"Hey man!" Chase says to Ryan.

"Hey! Guys this Katrina... Katrina this is my best buddy Chase and our other friend (F/n). She drives on a team with him so that's how we all know each other."

Katrina has very, very light brown hair, on the verge of blonde, and green eyes. She has on a tight black tank top with jeans and black knee-high boots. She comes up and gives me a hug, "nice to meet you!"

I hug her back, "yeah you too!"

I take a moment to realize that compared to her I'm just in some shorts, tennis shoes, and a regular red T-shirt with a little design pattern on the sleeves. Blaney has on a nicer button down shirt and some grey shorts paired with shoes, and then Chase is wearing a cream colored shirt with some slightly off-black shorts and his usual everyday shoes.