remember?

Trigger warning: self harm, sexual abuse, suicide

------------------

June 5th 1995

"Happy birthday love!" Layton's voice rang throughout my ears. I smiled when I felt his arms wrap around my waist. "Thank you love." I whispered.

"I have a surprise for you." He said while grabbing my hand and leading me out of my bedroom.

"It's your 16th birthday, we have to do something special." He laughed, I allowed him to lead me all the way into his bedroom at the manor. When I stepped inside my eyes lit up. The ceiling was bewitched to look like space, Layton took advantage of the fact I love astrology.

"I love it!" I squealed and wrapped my arms around him. When we pulled away he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips. I was taken aback, we have only kissed twice. I let the kiss linger, the feeling of safety and joy over powering my senses.
--------------------

April 8th 1990

"Sssh don't cry..." I muttered, I held Layton's head on my chest. His whole body was shaking. It's not the first time he's had a nightmare like this. Every time we have a sleepover he always gets scared.

"He-he was-" Layton quick stopped talking and let out another sob. I watched him finally calm down. I didn't allow myself to fall asleep until I felt his breathing slow down.

--------------------

December 1 1988

"Whatcha drawling?" I hummed, Layton smiled at me, his first front tooth was missing from a wrestling match with Draco. He smiled at me and picked up the paper.

"You!" He says excitedly.

--------------------

February 12th 1994

"Lay?" I called through the dark hallway. I've been worried about him. He's been off lately. I pushed open his bedroom door and immediately knew something was wrong.

Blood.

A trail of blood leading to his bathroom.

I quickly threw open his bathroom door.

That's when I saw him, his body.