17

I stare at Kun who sips on his tea weakly. At the time I woke up, I noticed he had a fever from his continuous huffing and puffing, to his sweating forehead and his pulling of the blanket. I got a helper to make some tea for him and another to get him a cold cloth to cool him off. He woke up moments later to see me watching him while he slept. When I explained the situation, he silently thanked me and started sipping on his tea.

"Kun, what's the matter?" I urge. I pushed the buttons by speaking even if he clearly gives off the attitude of being irritated by my presence.

He lets out a sarcastic chuckle after a long chance of silence. I gulp nervously when he turns his head in my direction. "The fact that my friends have your naked pictures clearly doesn't bother you as much as it does to me, huh?"

The question hits me harder than I thought it could ever have. This thing has not only affected me but it did him too. We haven't even known each other for a month yet, but he is touched, just as much I am. On the other hand, I have to consider his truth in that statement.

I lower my head in utter embarrassment. To him I might have come off as uninterested and immune to the chaos I have started by sending the nudes to Taeyong, but little does he know how hard it is for me too. Today, I planned on being strong for both of us, even if my heart aches mercilessly. Though, after what Kun said I do not think I am capable of such strength.

Before I think of comforting myself, I think of Kun. How selfish am I that I do not realize and acknowledge his heart. He may not like me, but the concern he has for me, a reckless lady who he only met about a week ago, is deep. The impact of the picture surprisingly seems to hurt him. For goodness sake, he has a fever - supposedly for the stress related to his business and me.

"I'm sorry," I bow with my hands together, which he does not look at. "I disappointed you." I state feeling the weight of humiliation on my shoulders. Blinking my tears back I stay seated for the next few minutes, until I'm calm enough to lift my head and excuse myself for work.

I really am dumb. How could I be so desperate for his attention that I did the unthinkable and sent him my nudity. He showed me how untrustworthy he could be when he told me about his first fight with Taeil. He showed me how shameless he could be when he sent his lower half to me. He even confessed to sleeping with his maid when she was supposed to clean his room. I got to know so much about him in that one week of having his number. I should have suspected danger.

I clear my throat enough while standing from my seat, "I'll leave for work now." I tell him.

He remains drinking his tea, practically ignoring me. It's only when I lay my hand on the handle that he speaks up. "Y/N," he calls me, making me halt, "I'll do something about it. No one's going to have those pictures anymore." He promises with a controlling tone.

"Alright," I acknowledge his attempt in helping me. I know something like that is impossible to achieve thus the least I do is accept his offer.

Usually I would work from 9am till 5pm, then my evening classes begin at 6:30pm to 10pm, sometimes 11pm. Instead today I convinced the manger to grant me leave at 1.pm, and I attended classes until 4.50pm.

By half past six I'm rushing up to mine and Kun's room. I push open the door expecting to see the weak man sleeping. Instead, he is sitting in bed with his legs covered and a laptop on his lap as he presses hard on the keys.

"You're extremely early?" He asks, more like a confused statement.

"Yes, I wanted to make sure you were doing well," I explain. He glances at me for a second, then looks back down to his laptop.

"Come– ah shit-" He says in Chinese, struggling to remember the Korean word. I refuse to expose my knowledge and wait for him to change his language. Seconds later, he speaks, "I spoke to the guys and they agreed on deleting your pictures. Even though it took time, they eventually came along."