21

"I believe.." Kun pauses to take a breath, his hands on his knees. "you're insane. How could I have done that?" Perplexed by the way he speaks informally, I stare at him wide-eyed, an odd smile on my lips. He looks up at me with a smile, "But at least we aren't outside anymore. I need more of that energy."

An even odder smile coats my lips, unsure if I should take the last part lightly or consider it as flirting.

"You need... more of that... energy?" I implore, pushing my dripping wet hair back. "Then take it." I urge nervously, putting my hands on his shoulders - giving him the 'energy'. I feel the damp fabric of his shirt under my palm.

"Not only are they fine, but they're also... physical." I pull back, and both mine and Kun's head snaps to the voice. It is Wuolai.

Dong Si Cheng and Wuolai sit up on the couch just watching us. Xiao De Jun and Huang Xuxi are on the floor watching us. Two guys with their faces covered by a mask and beanies seated beside Dong Si Cheng watch us. However, something about the guy with with a white beanie is familiar.

I slightly squint to see his eyes better, and oh boy, I get hit by a truck when I realise who has those beautiful close set eyes. At a rapid speed, with my mind all over the place, I attempt to run back out, just to make myself look better. Unfortunately to my shame, the door is already shut. Being too late to realise it, I end up running into the hard wooden door and collapse to the ground.

The embarrassment...

In time, I hear them gasping, Wuolai even calls out to me. Kun quickly helps me up, asking if I am fine. I am too overwhelmed by the number of feelings, so much so that I still turn to run. This time I bolt up the stairs, responding an 'I'm fine' when Wuolai calls me.

By luck, I make it to our room without causing another commotion. I am stunned that Taeil is here, but troubled from the incident. All I wanted was for him not to see me looking like a drenched mess, yet tables turned and made me look idiotic, twice as much than before.

I breathe out, preparing to lighten my mood. I change into my night gown and slump on my side of the bed. I sit in silence, trying to calm myself down. A while later Kun comes in, heading straight for the bathroom.

"Y/N," he calls me.

Getting off the bed, I answer "Yes, Kun?"

"Can you make a cup of tea for me, please?" He asks of me, as kindly as he could possibly put it. I hum in response and step out the room. The lights in the house are turned off, so I take careful steps down the stairs, moving my hands on the wall to lead me. By now everyone is in their rooms or asleep.

A light illuminates from the kitchen, likewise someone is there. I let out a breath of relief, knowing that I am not alone.

It becomes odd how I feel a rope pulling me towards the kitchen, as if I am meant to be there now. A part of me hopes that Taeil perhaps, is there. The other part feels it, his presence. Breathing in sharply I hold my breath, preparing for whoever I might see.

Clearing his throat after setting the mug down, his eyes run over me, from bottom to top, until our eyes meet. I cannot allow myself to even think of a reason to explain why my stomach piles up with butterflies from seeing him. I take this opportunity to observe him fully, this time without a mask covering his beauty. Obviously taking notice of the matching track pants and oversized sweater his mother bought for him last year, I barely notice the frown on his face.

I only see it when he sniffs, breaking my entire life apart. I had only seen him cry tears of joy back in the day - he was so happy that he topped 1st place in a competition. Other than that, I have never seen him cry or tear up or have glossy eyes, that is until now when I see his slightly wet eyes.