26

"Y/N." Taeil calls, popping his head around the slide doors and looks in my direction. I sniff away the clogging in my nostrils and blink away the tears that had been sitting at the brim of my eyes. It takes me a lot more time to calm down, and Taeil still stands at the slide doors of my office section. When I finally trudge away from my table to where he stands, I find myself opening up my arms and wrapping them around him.

Today, I decided to take advantage of this bond we share. I hug him, bringing his body close to me. He stiffens at the uncalled for action, but I couldn't care less. My eyes close at the new and heavenly experience. But what I do not notice is the wet tears trickling down my cheeks. I, as well as Taeil only notice when light whimpers leave my mouth.

Finally, Taeil wraps his arms around me. The feeling is comfortable and affectionate, so much so that I feel like I can spend my entire life in this position with him. I didn't want to cry but the fact that he cares enough about me, so much so that he even presented papers from the law to me makes it unbearably overwhelming.

Taeil nervously chuckles, probably debating on what the best thing is to do in this situation. He pats my back in such an unsure manner before a sigh escapes his lips. He then rubs my back in a caring manner for a second then leads me out the room to the elevator not so far from the section room. When we are in the elevator, I shift in his arms. After wiping my tears and sniffing, I step back and look up at him.

"I'm sorry Taeil, I jus-" Taeil puts a finger to his lips, and I stop talking out of instinct. He reaches his hand out to my wrist and pulls me closer, until our bodies collide. He initiates the hug with his arms around me carefully and I go on, putting my arms around him.

"I knew you'd be surprised by the documents, but not to this extent." his hand slowly strokes my hair and the other rubs my back. "Don't thank me. Don't cry either." he orders, yet his voice is soft and gentle.

"Oh sorry," I pull back and turn around for a while to maintain my emotions. When I turn to face him and see that he is three steps away from me, with my head hanging low I say, "I guess I was just overwhelmed. I wasn't expecting this at all." I pause for a moment and look up at him, staring deeply into his eyes, "Thank you Taeil."

At the moment the elevator opens up, and before us are four other employees, each of them carrying stacks of papers or files. Taeil excuses the two of us and we pass them smoothly, walking out to the sixteenth floor. He leads me to a less crowded space at the corner of one of the hallways. He presses his back against the wall and I stand in front of him.

"I have a concern." I break out through the silence, hearing my voice echo a bit in my head. Fixing my gaze on him, I wait for any gesture to urge me on, because honestly I feel too awkward and nervous to ask him this. He scans around the hallways, tapping his shoe repeatedly on the marble floor. I take that as the possible sign I waited for. "Why did you do this?"

He stops all sudden movements, allowing the words that left my mouth to process in his head. Silence engulfs us dearly for a good minute. His silence emits a particular energy, one that had reminded me of the time we were at the beach.

FLASHBACK
At the beach...

"Tell me one thing." He demanded seriously, cutting me off. His eyes bored love holes in mine, and his eyebrows rose in desperation. "Tell me you love me."

My lips were sealed at the unexpected demanded confession. I had no clue what was going on and I desperately needed to figure it out. For a moment, I thought I was dreaming or imagining it, however, when I took the time to stare at him - deeply in his coffee brown irises that I make out under the moonlight - I see the seriousness, the firm and undeniably realistic spirit in them.