Special Chapter | Part 3

A new story it is. After Y/N's death and obtaining the death note, Taeil personally made the funeral arrangements and the cremation was scheduled one week after his deceased wife's passing. The showing was the worst moment of Taeil's life after her death. He wasn't over the fact that she died, therefore seeing her beauty in all its shine wasn't something he was willing to comprehend very easily. Giving a speech at the showing was by far most heart wrenching, lung clenching and overwhelming in general. The pain he felt at the cremation restort was hundred times more than on her death bed. He cried like never before as he watched from the glass. When she was put in the cremation chamber he knew that there was no coming back to life and that he'd never ever, ever see her ever again in person.

As a form of commemorating her, when he received her ashes after a week in a rose gold cremation urn, Taeil got three pieces of cremation jewelry: a pendant, a bracelet and a ring. He made sure to wear them every day of his life, as a symbol of Y/N.

Unlike those who claimed to know her but merely knew her, Taeil who knew her in and out had changed quite a bit. He stopped going to work and started working from home, he made little to no time for his children or his family members and he spent most of his free time locked in his room, until 11pm when he'd go to the kitchen, have three full bottles of beer and some food, take about an hour standing at the doorway of the children's bedroom to watch Tae'an and Wanbi, before descending back to his room and passing out, only to wake up every morning with the same headaches. And he kept that cycle going on for two weeks.

Up until one night when he went overboard with the drinking and took three to six bottles. Taeyong watched from afar, every single time, with tears streaming down his face. Losing yourself after the death of your wife is one thing, but planning on setting your kids up for adoption was another thing. Taeyong recently found out from Doyoung's family friend that Taeil had contacted him and asked a lot of questions referring to adoption, foster care etc. for his two children. Taeyong obviously was surprised, but didn't believe, until one day when Taeil was on a call in his room, Taeyong stood by the door and overheard the conversation he had with Doyoung's friend.

Taeyong was never emotional, never. But after Y/N's death and after witnessing the mess that Taeil has become, he can't hold himself from the emotions piling up. Not only is Taeil distant with him and Gyeong Hee, but he's distant with the children - Tae'an, Wanbi and Swan. He wouldn't even open the door when Tae'an banged on it while crying. And, it doesn't help how Tae'an is being bullied at school while Wanbi is sick and stays at home.

Taeyong doesn't like how Taeil had been dodging his duties as a father. Gyeong Hee and Taeyong don't mind taking care of Swan and Tae'an for as long as Taeil will be mourning, but they do mind when Taeil avoids all of them throughout the day and only comes out of his room at night for a snack and several bottles of beer. He's losing weight and he isn't taking care of himself when he's locked up in his room, to top it off he's stressing himself out more with his work.

This is bad and Taeyong started feeling guilty because of it. He's Taeil's brother and seeing Taeil so devastated isn't sitting well with him, since he does absolutely nothing to help. Therefore, he decides that he should approach Taeil the next day immediately after he opens his door for a bottle of beer.

The next day around 8pm, Taeil hears as Gyeong Hee closes her bedroom door after putting Tae'an and Wanbi to sleep. Unlike every other day when he'd only leave his room at 11pm, he decides to go to the kitchen no later than 9pm. He opens his room door, barely realizing the creaking sound it makes. Fortunately for Taeyong who's going around the house to ensure that every door is closed, he hears the creaking sound. If he'd been in his room, he wouldn't have known that Taeil came out at this time because he usually comes out at 11pm.