27

Y/N's POV

Taeil trades glances from our ensuite bathroom mirror to me and then begins a conversation, "Where did you get such great taste in hair colours – I mean, this is like a tawny, caramel brown I think."

A smile of content rises to my lips when Taeil's eyes meet mine through the mirror. I look down and turn away, perplexed at the sudden attention. The long strands of my syrup-brown hair create a curtain between us. I love the way he makes me feel, a million times more than I did when he had not noticed me for years.

Clearing his throat, which I have noticed is a common habit of his, he suggests, "Why don't you cut your hair shorter?"

Pressing my lips together, I carefully turn and dart  my eyes from one corner of the room to him, but to my utmost surprise he stares back at me directly and not through the mirror. So I look down at my fingers awkwardly. "Well, someone once told me not to do hairstyles because I ruin it's charm and I-"

"Huh?" He cuts me off. Confusion springs in his voice and I desperately want to see his expression to what I said, but my shyness engulfs me terribly. "Who's this someone?" he asks curiously.

"I don't know. It was back in kindergarten."

"And you remembered since then?" Taeil questions, surprised. I see his feet shift to the side, and I look up only to see him grasping a scissor in his right hand and a comb in his left. He simply adds, "I'll style you."

Now I am the one asking in confusion, "Huh?"

Taeil grins. "Woah," he breathes out, now voicing out his thoughts randomly. "The feeling I got when I found out that you're left handed is probably the same feeling you have right now."

"What do you mean?" I ask, a smile crawling up to my lips subconsciously. Something about him knowing that I'm left handed (without me telling him) makes me flustered.

"I mean you're probably excited to know that I will style your hair, just as much as I was excited and somewhat surprised to to see you work more with your left hand." He tilts his head to the side, cracking a bone. He then surprises me further by guiding me by my shoulders and making me sit on the chair. As he positions himself behind the chair I'm sitting on, he drapes a towel over my shoulders and smiles at me through the mirror. "Don't judge me about the left hand fetish thing. Honestly I don't know, I just have a fetish for left hands being used more than right hands. Weird right? Especially since it's coming from someone who's right handed." He chuckles at himself. "But that's beside the point." He brushes it off. "For now let's engage ourselves into this atmosphere where I'm about to cut your hair to fit my personal preferences. I hope you don't mind," he smiles at me as he gets the tools he'll need to cut my hair.

I smile at him, giving him the signal that it's okay if he cuts my hair so it can fit his personal preferences.

Several minutes later, Taeil pulls the towel off my shoulders and I take it as a signal for me to turn around and look at the mirror. I gulp hard, finally raising my eyes to see my reflection.

"Woe-hoe! Look at you." He stands behind me, watching my reaction carefully.

My eyes are firmly glued to my now short, neck length hair. The one that Taeil cut semi professionally. The ends are cut short and even, where both sides are the same length. I look different and not like myself. So many thoughts travel up my mind and I start seeing so many cons. I look different, and what if Kun thinks I look bad because I do not look like who I used to look like. My eyes shake just by looking at the reflection claiming to be me. What will people think when they see me? What will they say? Will they be ballsy and say it to my face? Who will recognize me? What if I am attacked for trying to look different or trying to look like others who are pretty?