43

(Chapter 42 - CONTINUATION)

Guided by Taeil’s doctor towards a room down the corridor, Y/N peeks through the window with a faint smile coming over her lips. Taeil has both his hands gripping the beams that are parallel to each other at the height of his torso. He takes slow steps, trying his hardest to stay on his feet and move forward. The trainer, who stands in front of him with his eyes focusing on Taeil’s effort, takes a step back every time Taeil takes a step forward. She then glances at the doctor seeing to it that he watched her stare in adoration at Taeil through the window. He nods at the room, urging her to go in.

Carefully, she pulls down the door handle and pokes her head through. The trainer is the first to look at Y/N, the smile that is already on his face brightens up and Y/N takes it as a sign that he doesn’t mind if she pays a little visit.

When she comes in, the doctor follows behind her and the movement from the door catches Taeil’s attention causing him to turn his head to the side. His pupils dilate when he sees Y/N come in and he can feel his heart skip a beat. She smiles at him softly, wanting to support him in the best way that she can.

“Is she your girlfriend?” the trainer asks lowly, getting Taeil’s attention.

“N-no.” he stutters. He then turns his head away from Y/N to the trainer who urges him to keep moving forward. “She’s…” he says, feeling his nerves increase from her presence in the room. “She’s my fiancée.” He answers, managing a smile on his face as he takes another step forward.

The trainer hums while nodding his head. With his arms out just in case Taeil stumbles or his muscles stiffen again, he glances back at Y/N who sits on the vacant chair at the back of the room. With the way she watches Taeil, the trainer sees the concern engulfed in her affectionate gaze on him. The trainer takes a step back when Taeil moves his hands forward by a couple centimeters before taking another step forward.

“Arranged marriage? Or is she a gold digger?” he asks casually, not with any intentions to upset Taeil but solely to keep his mind distracted from the stressing thoughts of moving with so much energy put into his attempts at trying to walk.

Taeil shakes his head, keeping his eyes down at his feet that struggle to take another step. He sighs, feeling his heart tighten and his stomach knot. He resists the urge to groan. He feels heat rush up his body from the shyness of having Y/N watch him struggle to take another step forward. It shames the little pride he has left in himself.

“Come on buddy, you can do it.” The trainer speaks, encouraging Taeil. He gestures with his hands for Taeil to come forward.

Taeil heaps in a deep breath and clenches his jaw as he moves his hands that are on the beam a few more centimeters forward before using the little strength he has to lift his knee and make his leg go forward. He breathes out when he finally gets the other foot to do the same. “There you go.” The trainer grins at him while nodding his head to reassure Taeil.

Taeil leans his head to the side, exhausted from all the walking up and down he’s been doing and all the energy and might he has put into it. Nonetheless he pulls himself together and continues by moving his hand forward before taking a step and moving the other hand forward before taking another step.

Now referring to the trainer’s question about Y/N he answers. “She’s neither.” He lets out a gruff sound as he tries hard again to go on. “I proposed to her because I know what I feel for her,” he takes a step forward. “And I know what she feels for me.” He peeks up at the trainer with a soft smile, causing the trainer to smile too. Looking back down as he puts his hand forward, he ought to speak again, but he loses his grip, still being a bit too weak to have a strong grip, and almost falls forward. The trainer is quick though, catching him before he could fall.