Special Chapter | Part 1

Taeil felt tingles run up his body at the unexpected death of his dearest one. On one hand is his new born baby and on the other hand is his wife, his Y/N, his beloved Swan. The newborn baby on his one arm wails instinctively and despite him rocking his arm in the gentlest way he could possibly manage at the time, it all goes in vain as his anxious pleads for Y/N to wake up is what panics the little infant. He can hear clearly how his baby, Swan, continues to cry despite his desperate attempts to calm her down. And he can see his Y/N lying lifelessly on the bed with her head in his direction.

Her eyes are closed, her breathing stopped and her mouth is sealed. She makes no attempts to jolt back to life and that’s what drives Taeil mad. Although he doesn’t acknowledge it, the people around him do.

Taeyong, who is equally as stunned and traumatized to see Y/N’s lifeless body being shaken by Taeil, has no time to react to the scene when Wanbi’s small frame grabs a hold of his leg in fright and Tae’an retreats to hiding behind Taeyong’s leg when the room is filled with both Gyeong Hee and Taeil screaming and crying terrifyingly. He, too, could feel his body trembling, but he was frozen in place. He felt his insides twisting and he sees all the good memories he’s shared with Y/N flash before his eyes. From the times they had a family outing to the times that it was just the two of them having their regular bonding days. It all felt like a blow in the gut when he realizes that she is gone, dead.

Before Taeyong can even think of rushing to her side, the way Gyeong Hee did, or holding her hand, the way Taeil did, he thinks of the scared, frightened and trembling children he has surrounding him. They are too young and have pure minds – they won’t be able to comprehend or hold up well in this situation where their parents are crying terribly. Therefore, Taeyong soothes them by putting his hands on their shoulders and reassuring them that everything will be alright. But right then, Taeil begins jumping and screaming Y/N’s name. Although having a grip on the baby as he holds onto Y/N’s hand, Taeyong feels as if his grip is clumsy and could lead to another fatal accident. So, he approaches Taeil and smoothly takes the crying newborn baby in his arms – to which Taeil pays no mind to – before escorting himself as well as the children outside of the room. When he is outside and peeks into the noisy room, all he can see despite looking at her dead body from afar is the close up view he got of her face when he was taking the baby out of Taeil’s arm. Y/N’s face was losing color and she was barely breathing, which made it a devastating sight to see. He can’t imagine the fear that crept into Tae’an the moment he saw the ghostlike face of his beloved mother.

In that same moment that he was experiencing inner panic due to Y/N’s death, a nurse walks up to Taeyong and takes the children away to a waiting room. Meanwhile, a doctor and a few nurses make their way into the room. With much effort, they take Taeil and Gyeong Hee out of the room. Despite Taeil peeking through the glass on the door and begging for the nurses not to unplug anything, the doctor proceeds with the most discouraging and heartbreaking sentence that declares a patient’s departure. Gyeong Hee continues to breakdown emotionally and even wriggles to the floor, crawling to the door of the room where she last saw Y/N. Whereas Taeil, being uncontrollable and out of his mind, charges for the doctor. Before any damage can be caused, Taeyong is quick enough to hold him back. But Taeil uses so much force to lash at the doctor, to the point where Taeyong almost lost a grip on a furious Taeil. Until, some nurses with the assistance of one guard came to drag Taeil and Gyeong Hee out of hospital. Taeyong, being the only one among them, who is composed enough to fetch the children goes to the waiting room downstairs and leads the children outside of the hospital where they see Taeil, being extremely quiet, and Gyeong Hee, sobbing quietly by herself.

Taeyong soothes Gyeong Hee for a bit until she is quiet enough to carry the new born baby and wait with the kids in the car. When he sees her enter the car along with the children, he approaches Taeil and guides him to a nearby bench. For the first hour, he sat quietly with Taeil who leaned on his shoulder and weakly cried out. Then, when he stopped all his movements and just sat up straight, Taeyong tried his best to comfort Taeil. He felt like he was talking to a rock for approximately almost two hours. It’s only when the daylight breaks through the dark day does Taeyong help Taeil to his car and makes him sit in the front seat. When he gets onto the driver’s seat and adjusts the rearview mirror, he sees Gyeong Hee staring right back at him. He could see right through her blank face that she was still hurting inside but had to maintain it for the sake of the children who slept beside her and the sleeping baby in her arms.