20

"Thank you all for coming to my office." Mr Moon smiles at each one of us, the interns.

I feel so honoured to know someone as great as him, let alone be in his office. I heard from one of the other interns how difficult it had been for her to get into this company. Whereas, I just asked him, gave in a few papers and he agreed.

"Before I start, I want you all to know that amongst the one thousand application forms for this month, you twenty were fortunate enough to be accepted." He announces seriously. The nineteen other interns gasp in shock and immediately start bowing. Until Mr Moon reveals, "Except for two people here. I won't reveal who they are." He says enthusiastically.

"Getting back to business." he clears his throat, "Interns, I hope you all read The Checklist Manifesto, author Atul Gawande - the one that came with the acceptance letter. If you read it, you would come across the part that talks about three types of endeavours - the simple, the complicated, and the complex. It's helpful to understand these distinctions because software development almost always involves all three, and you'll need it to complete your first project here.

"According to your CVs I've grouped you into three different groups." he walks back to his table and collects the different portfolios. He hands them out to each of us as he continues, "The ones who received the red portfolios will focus on designing - which will be complex. The ones with the blue portfolios will take the final design done by the red group and categorise it - which will be complicated. Lastly, the ones with the the green folder will take the categorised work and compile it - which is simple. Then as a finished project, before you present it to me, you lot will gather and evaluate it. If there happens to be a mistake, error, coding problem, you need to start from scratch.

"The project you'll design is inside the portfolio. Read it carefully. Learn to calculate correctly. Understand it, physically and mentally. This project is the key to being an employee, with a contract of ten years, if you're lucky you can go beyond that. If I were you, I would set this as a goal." He concludes with a small head bow and walks to his chair. "Any questions?"

The lady bedside me asks, "Sir, will the blue group have to wait for the red group to complete the design of the first part? Then will the green group have to wait for the blue group until they're done categorising? For the finished result, we should come together and evaluate?"

Mr Moon nods. A few more questions follow up, based on the project. Until Mr Moon dismisses us. As soon as we step out of his office, we separate into our groups. I notice a familiar smile amongst the blue file holders. His face is hidden by the lady's long hair, but even the little skin I make out from him gives me a firm idea on who it is.

"Taeil.." I breathe out. My green teammates turn to me, as if I am the one who has decided to lead them - until I turn them down, as simply as I can. An older man, perhaps in his early thirties, steps up reading the project and explaining in his understanding. I barely hear a thing, not because I find it ridiculous that the three groups are discussing in front of the chairman's door, but because Taeil is there.

His appearance, compared to how I last left him, is different. Before he had a brownish blonde hair dye, with bangs that were an inch above his eyebrow. His eyebrows too, were dyed with the same colour. However, now, his hair and eyebrows are caramel brown, under the light it has a slight cinnamon colour to it. It is even at eyebrow length, and styled with a slight parting to reveal his forehead.

To me, with or without the changes, he still looks like a king, that with every passing second his fabulously, incredible, stupendous, gorgeous face increases in handsomeness's grace. The feeling of seeing him there, taking charge and controlling his group, engulfs me in this furry heated coat of bliss. He is perfect. I hear his voice clearer than the voices of my group members. I see his eyes shining brighter under the lights. He looks calm and at peace, like nothing is bothering him, and that makes my heart warm up. I stare a bit longer, until the person beside me passes a paper and pen, telling me to write my name and contact number.