31

ONE MONTH LATER

Three whole months have passed yet Y/N has been making little to no progress in her life. Despite being promoted in the company, Y/N feels that her life has only become ten times more miserable than it already is. She just wants to be with Taeil. She feels that way because she believes that if they were together, things would be different from how it is now.

It is a typical Friday night, with most of the employees – Johnny and Sa Rah included – going for celebration at a pub, whereas Y/N stays at home, preparing dinner for when they come back. In the middle of leaving the finished meal on the stove to stay warm, she hears the doorbell ringing. She looks over her shoulder, wondering who it could be, as she was not expecting anyone.

Throwing the cloth in her hand onto the counter beside the stove, she leaves the kitchen and heads for the door. “Who is it?” She asks cautiously in English.

“Um, Johnny living this apartment?” The person asks back, however his fluency in the language is quite questionable to Y/N. Instead of sounding like a native speaker, he has the familiar Korean speaking voice.

And the accent, although she has not heard it in a long time, she is able to recognize it. However, she thinks it’s too good to be true, and so she is not quick to open the door. At least not yet. “Why?” The person on the other side of the door is quiet, not saying anything in response. She waits as well, expecting him to say something, anything. But he does not do that, simply keeping quiet.

He was always stubborn. Taeil was not like that. Taeil would leave him be stubborn and at times would not give into his stubbornness. But here Y/N is, sure that it is the person she is assuming it is. She grabs the key from the key holder and unlocks the door. She pulls it back, hoping he is the one.

In Korean, the guy says, “Why am I not shocked that it was you I was talking to?” Tilting her head to the side, with wide eyes her jaw drops. It is him. Taeyong. Her breath hitches in her throat as she finds nothing to say. Looking back at her through the gate separating them, Taeyong smirks, raising his brow. “I’m still alive.” He almost cheers, but in a sarcastic manner. “And I’d like it if you opened this gate. From my view it makes you look like you’re in prison.”

Finding her breath again, she slowly does as she is told. First unlocking it with the keys and then pushing the gate open a bit. Taeyong pulls it back, wide enough to let himself in. She backs up a bit as he comes in, giving him some space.

“Am I welcomed?” he looks around the apartment, a bit judgmental but nods in acknowledgement of some features.

Still surprised to have Taeyong here, she nods once before pulling the gate and closing the door, not daring to lock it with the keys. She is still cautious as he is a guy with a bad reputation with ladies.

Taeyong sits on the single person couch, feeling the smooth arms of the couch with his hands. “This couch feels so good,” he leans his head back on the couch, enjoying the feels.

Y/N walks closer to where he is, sitting on the longer couch. He watches her the entire time, and when she meets his eyes, she looks at her clothing – typical long skirt and a casual top – hoping nothing was revealing or eye catching.

Although she thought Taeyong was looking at her for a greedy manly reason, Taeyong looked at her because her once plain face looked so dry. She never had eye bags, but now she does. The whites of her eyes were pure white, but now it almost looks reddish like she’s been crying day and night. She never had growing wrinkles on her forehead, but now she does. Her nose was never reddish, but now it is. Her lips were still the same, but right now they’re a bit chapped. She lost a little bit of weight compared to how he last saw her. Her once fresh face now looks tired.