40

•PART THREE •

A FEW MONTHS LATER
Y/N’s POV

There has been a strong attraction between myself and Taeil, and it feels so different compared to back then. It is more intense, more real and emotional. Before, I used to wonder if we would ever get to where we are now, but now I am completely sure that I care for Taeil in every way possible.

After the Business Gathering Banquet the two of us went on with our daily lives, but this time we did it together. That night after the event, Taeil had asked me to live with him and I never felt better. We got up together, took turns to shower, chose each other’s clothes for the day, cooked with each other, went to work together and got off together.

Life with Taeil feels like diving in a cloud of marshmallows that holds all our dreams and wishes. I never felt incompatible to other ladies, because of what he tells me.

FLASHBACK

Taeil comes into the bathroom without knocking, probably with the intentions of using the toilet, but he ends up finding me sitting on the closed lid of the toilet with tissue in my hand which I used to dab at my tears. Furrowing his brows he comes closer to me, going on his knees. “Swan, what’s wrong?” I remained silent keeping my head hung low and wiping at the tears that slip out of my eyes. “Swan?” Taeil called gently laying his hand on my shoulder. Warmth rushes all around me by the contact my shoulder has with his hand. “Please tell me what’s wrong.” He practically begs, watching me with concern.

Sniffing in and pouting my lips, I peeked my eyes at him before moving them back down to my hands. “I don’t think I can live up to your standards.” I mutter keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

“What?” Taeil furrows his brows.

“I saw you with her again, your secretary.” Y/N starts, looking up at Taeil to see him shake his head and look away with a sigh. “She looked so much like a model, and then when I looked at myself I saw—”

“You saw what?” Taeil purses his lips, waiting for her answer.

“I saw my face.”

He shakes his head. I ought to speak again to add onto what I was saying, but he is one step ahead of me; shushing me with his finger pressing on my lips. Using his other hand he takes my hand in his, slowly sliding his fingers against my skin before intertwining our fingers. Bringing it up to his face, he presses his lips against my knuckles and he grips my hand tighter in his. “I chose you then. I choose you now. And I will keep choosing you, forevermore my Swan.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Being with him brings out the brightest sides of me that no one could have ever brought out. No matter the situation, as long as he is by my side I know that I will get through it. There were times I was mistreated by a few employees and my days became gloomy even with Taeil being by my side. When he came to know of it he didn’t take the most drastic step in punishing them by firing them, instead he degraded them and their positions in the workplace. Those days although he was upset with me for not telling him, he did everything for me just to see a smile on my face for hours.

Living together with him didn’t only have to do with sitting together or hanging out, it had a lot to do with him staring at me while I slept through the night or before I woke up in the morning. Some times after I cooked our dinner he would go to his study and complete some work. By the time he came back I would be asleep or I would be busy with my own work but most of the time I would be asleep or rather pretend to sleep. He would climb into bed and just stare at me. From time to time he would say how happy he is to have me, how seeing me sleep made him fuzzy inside or how much he loved me. In the morning, I would sometimes wake up to see him just looking at me. I would have been frightened to say the least, but what calmed my nerves about it was how soft his eyes were and how much love displayed through them while watching me.