42

The next day, early in the morning around 4am, Y/N gets an Uber to take her to Kun’s house. When she arrives by the gates the guards inform the guards by the door and those guards then inform Kun who was working in his study. When Y/N was allowed in, she went straight to the guest room and started packing all her stuff (it wasn’t a lot though). She then went to freshen up with a quick shower and change her clothes. All in all, since she came she took approximately twenty minutes and she planned on taking less than five minutes to approach Kun without having Mei Ling feel uncomfortable.

She knocked on his bedroom door and when Mei Ling opened the door she had to play it natural in a way that wouldn’t make Mei Ling feel certain distastes towards her for wanting to see Kun at this time. She told Mei Ling that she was going to stay with a friend that lives nearer to the hospital where Taeil is – but that was a lie, because Taeyong doesn’t live anywhere near a medical institute, in fact he lives just as far as Kun but on the west side. After a small and short conversation to bid her goodbye, Mei Ling hugs her and tells her that she’ll tell Kun later on today since he is busy in his study.

When Y/N walks out of the compound she’s about to order an Uber, but a message from Taeyong pops up on her screen.

Taeyong:
Are you still at the hospital?

Y/N:
No, I’m about to go there.

Taeyong:
So where are you?

Y/N:
I’m at Kun’s place. I woke up early and got an Uber to take me here so I could fetch my stuff.

Taeyong:
Cool, I’ll be there in ten minutes.

Y/N was shocked that he would be here so soon, so when he arrives and she gets in his car with her stuff, she asks him why he was awake so early and why he came so soon. He tells her that he woke up early and decided that he’d come fetch her stuff and put it in his house before coming to see both Taeil and her in the hospital.

For most of the ride back to the hospital, it’s quiet with only the radio’s music tuning in. Y/N leaned her head back with her eyes closed the entire time until Taeyong brought up his interaction with the private investigators and the police. He said that from the statement Y/N left after the incident, they were clear with the attackers and said they would start searching. Good news is they found four suspects – three women and one amputated man. The officer in charge of this case wants to bring the photographs to Taeil but Taeyong told them that he’s in no condition to speak or see his attackers, so they postponed it to three days from today.

Y/N doesn’t respond, simply taking everything he said in. She feels her heart pang with both fear and rage. Those criminals were so desperate that they not only hijacked his car but stole his ring, belt and blazer, not to mention the donuts and pie Taeil bought for Y/N and left in the car, and they brutally injured Taeil.

Taeyong spies on her at the backseat from the rearview mirror. He knows for a fact that her thoughts are not stale or calm, so he decides to say something else to keep her from thinking. She gives light responses, keeping each conversation short until he snaps at her for trying to avoid some topics. As she found his way of expressing his irritation in that moment ridiculous, she chuckled and he kept nagging her, even comparing her behavior towards Taeil vs her behavior towards him (Taeyong) and stating how unfair it is that she treats people differently from how she treats Taeil. She tried defending herself by saying she feels like she’s in her comfort zone around Taeil more than she is around anyone else, but then he complains again. He reminds her of all the times both him and Gyeong Hee came over to visit, so he then precedes to ask her why she still isn’t comfortable around him after all the times they have spent. Y/N brings up the point that she was never left on a one on one conversation with him. Every time Taeyong and Gyeong Hee were at Y/N and Taeil’s place, whenever a conversation with a good and interesting topic sparked they would speak all together, not one on one or two on one. They spoke in groups in the presence of their other halves, so Y/N wondered why he was getting worked up.