Special Chapter | Part 5 (Finale)

FLASHBACK (M)

"Actually, Taeil... I wanted to speak to you." Y/N holds his hand back before he can stand up from the seat beside her in her study room.

Taeil simply stopped by Y/N's study room to help her with the program she had been developing for the company. Initially he wanted to help her as quickly as possible so he could play with Wanbi who was crying nonstop downstairs for him. But this is his Y/N. He isn't going to ditch her to play with the kids. "Yes?" he responds, repositioning himself on the chair to look at her directly.

"Well, lately we've been a bit distant... and I don't like it." she starts, agitatedly fiddling with her fingers. "Normally I would've brushed it off, but something stirred in me when I saw you hug that lady- or rather your old time female friend. The two of you were laughing, she was being touchy, and I hated it-" Y/N cuts herself off, turning her head away and taking in a deep breath. "No, sorry. I- I'm being dramatic."

Taeil shakes his head, not wanting her to stop expressing herself. He also noticed the distance between them but he didn't pay mind to it. He thought Y/N would understand that he liked spending time with his high school friend that he hasn't seen in years. "Don't hold back, my Swan. Talk, tell me how you feel." He insists.

It takes her a moment to gather her words before she continues. "Look Taeil, I don't wanna make you feel angry and suffocated, but there should be limits when hanging out with people like her. She's one of your ex's friends, how are you sure that she's not out to separate the two of us, hm? I saw the way she looked at you when we were at the diner. I saw how she continuously tried having body contact. The way she spoke, I didn't like it. And I was... I was jealous." She mutters out the last part.

She didn't want him to know the last part, but after voicing it out she felt like a load was released. Taeil sighs heavily, nodding his head. He acknowledges how she feels towards his old time friend, and now that he thinks of it, their proximity was definitely not ideal for a married man like himself and a single hoe like his old time friend.

His old time friend was Taeyong's friend too, but the way she loitered around Taeil more than Taeyong was sketchy. Maybe she avoided him because Gyeong Hee made it clear that there's no room for a homewrecker. Either way, Taeil understood Y/N's concern.

She's his wife, and if he had to think in her point of view he too would be jealous to see the love of his life being cozy and comfy with another man. Not to mention, they've been going to work separately since Taeil would use his car to drive to that lady's house and drop her at her workplace, leaving Y/N no choice but to use her own car and drive herself to work. He'd also answer her late night calls and ditch the kids to talk privately with her.

A part of him already knew that keeping in touch with his old time friend, aka Boo Ra's best friend, would mean getting in touch with Boo Ra again. He didn't want to create more drama between himself and Y/N again, especially since the last time they argued he was half drunk and actually hit her. He slammed things to the ground, slapped her twice, pushed her roughly, shook her body violently, but when he attempted to slap her again Taeyong came bursting in their room. It turns out Tae'an was peeping by the agape door and saw how Y/N was shouting at Taeil before he lost control and lashed out on her. The minute Taeyong heard the banging noises and screaming he told Gyeong Hee to take the kids while he went in to check on the couple.

Till date, he feels guilty for what he did to his wife with his own hands. What started off as a sober Taeil voicing out his distaste towards Y/N's extreme excitement and passion when doing work for one of their clients (who had lustful eyes for Y/N) turned into a scorching argument. He walked out, went for a drink, came back half drunk and had another argument before things broke out. He prayed for what happened that day to never happen again. He didn't want to lose Y/N to one of his clients that's inferior to him. And he didn't want Y/N to leave him for a misunderstanding.