Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Six years later, on a cold summer night, Taeil is beside Y/N who squeezes his hands in pain. They are in the labor room, together. The nurse said she wasn’t fully dilated and so she couldn’t give birth yet, but Y/N couldn’t hold it in anymore. She moans in pain when the contractions start. She isn’t due until next week. But here she is in the labor room, begging for Taeil to help her.

He can’t do anything though but stay by her side. “Hold me, Swan. I’m here. I’m not leaving, okay, my love?” he hums but she continues crying in anguish. He feels her grip on his hand tighten, ten times more than it did six years ago when she was giving birth to Tae’an. Taeil smiles thinking of Tae’an who is currently with Gyeong Hee and Taeyong. “Swan, listen to me,” he smiles, using his other hand to pat her hand that is in his. She takes in deep breathes, lowering her cries to listen to him. “When you give birth to this baby, I want you to name her.”

“Me?” she asks between pants. “I should name the baby?”

Taeil nods his head vigorously, smiling when she manages to open her eyes and look at him. He maintains a bright smile on his face despite seeing the pain from the tears in her eyes. She is in so much pain and he can’t help but blame himself. He was the one who insisted and begged her for another child and she kept refusing. They have been having intercourse here and there solely for pleasure, because Y/N was okay with one child and didn’t want another one. After dates of begging for this baby and proposals for this baby, Taeil was pleased when Y/N decided that she’ll give Taeil what he wants and have another baby with him.

“Then…” Y/N starts but pauses when she feels the thick pain once again. She holds it in, continuing her lines through the pain. “I will… name her.” She attempts a smile.

Taeil’s gaze softens. “Her? Is it a girl?” He asks curiously with enthusiasm to keep her entertained.

“I want a girl… Taeil it hurts.” She cries, clutching her lower abdomen with her free hand. Taeil furrows his brows, holding in his own tears. The guilt that is crawling up his chest is starting to eat him up. “Taeil…” she cries louder, writhing in the same position in pain. “I can’t do it Taeil.” She shakes her head, with her eyes shut tightly. “I can’t do it Taeil.” She puts her hand on the sheets and uses the other one to grip Taeil tighter.

Taeil blinks his tears away and chuckles nervously. “You can, alright my Swan.” He tells her, leaning his head closer to her cheek. He kisses her cheek and she leans her head closer. When he pulls away, he uses his free hand to pat her hair down. “I know you can do it.”

“I can do it…” she mutters under her breath, encouraging herself. “Taeil,” she opens her eyes a bit, looking at Taeil who nods his head at her. “I want to see Tae’an and Wan-bi.” She tells him and his pupils almost dilate. “I want to see my boy… my girl, Taeil. I… ahh… it hurts Taeil. My son, my daughter.” She shakes her head in pain.

Taeil gulps a couple times to keep his throat moisturized. He doesn’t like how she’s talking. He doesn’t want to think badly about the situation. He doesn’t want to envision his thoughts nor have his thoughts become a reality, so he brushes his nerves off. “Tae’an? Wanbi?” he asks and she ignores him, still crying. “Okay, okay, I’m calling them,” he informs her as he hurriedly digs in his pockets for his phone. He speed dials Taeyong, impatiently waiting for his friend to pick up the call. “Taeyong.” He says, first thing when Taeyong answers the call. “Where’s Tae’an and Wanbi?” he asks.

“Oh, they’re here,” Taeyong answers, still with the soft and caring voice from earlier. From the time that Y/N and Taeil came to the hospital for Y/N’s pregnancy, he could see the fear hidden in Taeil’s eyes because Y/N didn’t look too good. He just hoped that Taeil’s mood would be better after Y/N gives birth.