Chapter 3: Seon-Ho

Apart from her memory loss, not much had changed about her, but then again I wasn't really around her a lot but it was nice to have someone knew in the terrible mansion, someone I knew personally. She was sweet and kind to anyone, even the servants. I think...the first big impression she had on me a few days after she had settled down and my father was punishing a servant for some nonsensical reason. I noticed Yeon hovering around the door and I could already tell by the look in her eyes that she was going to try and stop it...but I could not risk her getting my father's attention for anything. So I walked over to stand in front of the door to block any chance she had of interfering. But I knew the girl well, so I made sure to stay behind secretly to see if she would cause any trouble...but she didn't at all. Instead, she tended to the servant meticulously; not knowing who she was or what her fault was. I don't know why but...it really touched me, that Yeonnie did not care at all about labels, birthrights, or family heritage. I started to really appreciate her for what she was; pure and innocent even if she was naive...but that wasn't her fault either; her brother was too overprotective of her.

Out of nowhere...I started to watch her not soon after she moved in. Well, what else did I have in this god-forsaken mansion? From the minute I was dragged here, no one gave a damn about me. No one talked to me, no one approached me...I was left in the cold alone here. But now...now I had someone that was mine, even if she was my only friend's sister as she had an obvious crush on me before she lost her memories so what? She was a breath of fresh air that always welcomed me with a smile and tea in the evenings. Of course, my father saw this and made me put an end to it. He hated me as much as I returned the feeling...he wasn't there for me growing up. He dared label me as a half-breed, but was that my fault? Did children ask to be born? He himself took my mother who was his slave and turned her into his concubine since no one else wanted him. He committed the act, but it was somehow my fault? I had one god-damned thing in this mansion that belonged to me...and I was forced to keep my distance from her...god forgive me I even had to be mean to the girl sometimes to push her away. God forbid I put her as a priority and my father would have her killed in her sleep.

But Yeon... she didn't resent me once. She didn't answer back, she didn't get upset and didn't get emotional. Yes, she had lost her memories but whenever I was like this to her she just...looked at me, exactly like she did when we first met. She looked at me to translate my mood, my facial expressions, and my speech. The first time she did this she completely surprised me with her new look...well that was an understatement. The first time I sort of...was firm with her when she knocked to my room I had my back turned to her. And when I turned around to face her...I couldn't even recognise her! I thought an intruder had somehow managed to get into my room. The girl before me was so...breathtaking and so beautiful, even more than Hui-Jee. I had never felt so awkward and confused in all of my life. She was standing there with the tea tray that Yeon usually gave me. I had no idea what the hell was going on but I...collapsed into my seat before accepting it. It was only when she began to speak, asking if I was ok that I choked on my tea. She looked just as stunned as my reaction as I was looking at her. She tried to approach me but I think she thought about it at the last second and decided to just leave me alone, throwing a sarcastic comment like she used to.

had absolutely no idea what to do with myself. I felt my face getting hot around my face and my heart beating so fast I thought she had made me have a heart attack and the age of 21. So instead of studying like I did every night I immediately called for the servants to draw me a bath...a cold one.