Monologue 2

Seo-Yeon

The day finally came before my brother was to take the final step in his plan. He was having a shouting match with Nam-Jeon and I was more than ready to take to from there. As for Seon-Ho,,,I couldn't deny that instead of my crush fading in time like I thought it had grown into something...well anyways...I had to put him at the least of my worries for now. It will be a miracle if we all survived tonight.

I unburdened myself in front of everyone; all their weight I had been carrying over the years had suddenly fallen off me that night. Everyone was shocked and angry no doubt. But...I couldn't face Seon-Ho. Just standing next to him was making the whole thing emotional and unnecessarily hard. But when I walked away, he reached out for me and grabbed me wrist so hard I thought he was snap it off. My brother and his father were still arguing so no one noticed; but he pulled my towards him in such a violent manner that I almost fell on top of him. He caught me by the waist and he looked at me in such confusion and anger...but he was also crying just as I was...and I swear that just for a second, he was begging me not to leave. I was trapped in his gaze but all I could do was kiss him on the cheek before Hwi pulled me away. But I was consoled with the fact that I was no longer a burden on him and he could have a chance to be happy with the women he loved...even if it wasn't me. I swore even angels in heaven could hear my heart break.

Seon-Ho

I was beyond angry, ashamed, and frankly heartbroken. I was almost grief stricken over her even more than her brother. I couldn't wrap my head around the things she confessed to and how she got away with it all. And why didn't she trust me with any of it? I thought she had trusted me, that honestly hurt me the most...she wasn't even looking my way but I could tell that everything was getting to her. For the first time I really wanted to hold her, she looked like she was ready to collapse. But she held herself so bravely I couldn't help but be in awe of her at the same time. But the minute she left I felt like my taking my oxygen was taken away. And before I could help myself I found myself reaching out to her; touching her properly for the first time. In that moment I wanted to lock her up by my side for good...I think I would have even married her to make that happen. I knew I had a lot to be apologetic about but her departure hit me a lot more than I thought possible. I thought of begging her not to leave and I swear for a second if I did actually asked her not to leave me that she wouldn't...but I couldn't separate the siblings anymore than myself and my father already had done. She was my only friend's sister whom he raised himself rather like a daughter.