Chapter 104: Seon-Ho

I was beginning to loose my mind as I was stuck here doing senseless things for a senile King when I could be back with my family...my new family...and the one I wanted to make in the future. I kept her embroideries every time I was on my own...I was so out of my depth here, yet again and that girl was my only medicine.

Now imagine my shock when Sung-Rok came up to my looking a little pained to say the least "what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked in curiosity. "You know I never wondered what it would be like to be you. And after I've seen your taste in women...I really don't want to know" he chuckled before he walked away. We were forced to work together after his little betrayal last time thanks to my superiors...and I suspect a certain prince. So we had to put up with each other...and I hate to admit it but I was beginning to see what Hwi saw in him, he couldn't stand him and vice versa. He left me wondering what the hell he as talking about...until I saw Da-In of all people walking towards me in this god-forsaken area, in thick makeup covered in jewels I knew she couldn't afford. I closed my eyes and tried to breathe calmly through my nose; this was the absolute last thing I needed to deal with right now whilst trying to survive in a senseless war that was starting to take a lot more lives than it was worth. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you find me and what the hell do you want?" "If you knew what I knew about your poor little slut you keep by your side you wouldn't talk to me like this" she chimed in reply. I already fell my blood boiling but I promised Yeon I would never lay my hands on a woman.

"What the hell are you dressed in this kind of wether. Weren't you supposed to be dead by now?" I asked, hoping to find a raw nerve in her and get her to leave me alone. And it did stop her in her tracks for a while, before she soldiered on and walked right past me, into my tent. I had a feeling this was to do with Yeon, as if I still didn't have her people following her and giving me updates. She was fine and safe by her brother's side, staying at home and not getting into any trouble at all. "You are right indeed, I was supposed to be married. My father had already permitted our marriage and completed the proper works and the marriage compatibility the very next morning after I made my intentions clear. He was even on the way to buy betrothal gifts...but when he reached your father's home he had no choice but to wait for hours in the ruthless summer's heat only to be turned away in humiliation! He was denied food or water...only to be turned away spitefully by your father!" "What are you talking about? What marriage? When did this happen?" I was still trying to compose myself...for another reason entirely. "The morning after our last meeting!" I looked at her as if she had lost her mind "I remember that day, you were trying to sabotage Yeon. But my father didn't return home from dinner with your parents. He went straight to the palace and stayed overnight for the next 2 days. He wasn't even home, and I wasn't made aware that we had guests." The look on her face was priceless; she indeed knew me well enough to know when I was lying..."and the servants were given their days off since he wasn't home. In fact...the only other person in the home then apart from myself and Yeonnie....was your cousin." I couldn't wait for her to piece all the clues together as I was called away by some soldiers. I left her in my tent to think about things and hopefully she would be gone by the time I returned. But I was out of luck in this wasteland as I returned late in the evening ready for bed she was still waiting for me. I was not in the mood for this as I tried to change my clothes but she was just staring at me so shamelessly I had to change in another tent; desperately wishing it was Yeon who was waiting for me in bed.

I went back to my tent and tried to sleep, not caring if she was still around or not...only to find her crawling in my bed naked! I got out of my bed so quickly but she pulled me back in and tried to seduce me. The minute she tired to expose herself to me I threw my blanket to cover her "what the hell do you think you're doing! In a military camp as well!" I was about to threw her out for all the soldiers to see "why? You're at war, god know's how long you're been away from women" "Women? What the hell are you talking about? There's only been 1 woman for me, I haven't touched anyone else and I wouldn't" I hissed at her. "Don't tell me you've only been with that epileptic retard!" Her face twisted in horror before she grabbed me by my collar "do not tell me that you have not wished to taste other women? To have a harem of your own? You do not know how many years it took me to find you! You are the only one I have now to look after me, to care for me like you did in our childhood!"

I looked at her as if she had gone mad "why on earth would I take care of you? Why would I spend my money and resources on you? My income is for my family and my family alone" "I cannot believe that slut brainwashed you to forget everyone in your life apart from her and her lowly brother! But no mater, I knew how manipulative she was over you the first time I met her. So here's my deal. If you do not take care of me, then I will not tell you what she's been up to behind your back in the palace!"

Her tone of voice put me in my place; I also knew her well enough to know when she was lying to me as well. I had to really compose myself once again, juts long enough to hear her out, but what she wanted from me was also obvious, so I had to play this safely "get dressed and get the hell out of my sight. And do not seek me out again, go find the fool who brought you here" "I can't...because he's dead. I killed him before you ask me, so you're my only hope. He was useless anyways after got me out of prison" she stated so easily as she dressed herself "so, shall I tell you about her? The girl who's manipulated you so far that you are unusable to recognise yourself? And what your father raised you to become?" The very mention of my father's name almost cost her her life right there and then. "Well, she's working at the palace as a well-known lady-in-waiting for Prince Bang-Gan who's totally in love with her. Bang-Won keeps circling her...and her brother has no idea what she's up to because Bang-Won sent him somewhere far away. She has a lot of suitors...and here you are at war probably thinking about how she's just sitting at home waiting for you right"

And just like that, I felt the darkness that Yeon helped me keep at bay for years now crawl back under my skin into my blood as I felt my heart drop. "How do you know this?" I asked her in a deadly serious tone that wiped the smile off of her face. "I had her followed soon after I was left at Ihwaru. She's very close with the new lady that runs it; Hui-Jee, you know she communicates with her brother through her. And she's been through a lot apparently, she's got a lot of enemies who are wiling to do anything to take her place. She's been framed, demoted and then promoted, she's been punished, tortured, whipped, starved...and she won't leave. It looks like she'll do anything to become a princess" the pain that I felt by theses words were indescribable; I felt my oxygen thinning away. But I wasn't going to give this gold-digger the satisfaction of a violent reaction like I usually would have done. "Is that so? So...I see she has taken full advantage of my absence instead of listening to my instructions" "so, what are you going to do about her now? Drop her? Have her exiled? Or kill her for disobeying your orders?" She was hanging off of me at this point, trying to embrace me. "I'll let you know when we go home" I pushed her off of me and just climbed in bed, my mind racing with a plan already...whilst Da-In got into bed with me....