Chapter 30: Seon-Ho

Her brother Hwi came marching in after almost completing my father's mission to him only a few days after my last interaction with his sister. But I was more concerned about her; she was staying out later these days and coming home exhausted with bloody bruises and marks and I could barely cover for her anymore. Despite the craziness of the situation, I knew sooner or later I was going to have to talk to Hwi about his sister. I couldn't lose her now that Hwi's dealings with us almost came to an end and he would finally take his sister home. We honestly hadn't seen much of each other for a while...I was so busy I couldn't even talk to her let alone find time for her...no matter how much it pained the both of us...

They seemed to have an angry exchange of words and I had a hard time trying to keep them apart until Yeonie came strolling in nonchalantly. She took a look at all of us, closed her eyes, gave a defeated sigh, and uttered the words that almost shattered me in a tone of voice I had never heard her use before "let go of my brother" looking straight at Hwi.

I completely froze on the spot; my heart pounding out of its chest and tears blurred my vision completely. I hung my head and couldn't look at her, all I could do was to try to protect the Seo's as much as possible in my father's wrath, especially Yeonie, but I could even reach out to her, and she wasn't even looking at me.

My father's face went pale but Hwi just looked went to her, trying to get her to stop talking but she had her eyes firmly planted on my father. "When did you regain your memories? Who have you told?" He whispered in panic, a tone I have never in my life heard him use before. "A long time ago and you don't need to worry about that, it's my business". "Are you sure about that? You know I could have you and your brother killed in a second." She just smiled at him before she countered him "So was that the threat all along? You threatened your son that you would kill both his best friend and his sister because they found out you rigged the military exam? So you gave Seon-Ho no choice but to send Hwi away to the military against his will?" Everyone in the room just looked at her in complete shock including myself. I was going numb so fast I could barely feel my heart beating anymore. I just waited with bated breath at what else she knew and her final decision about us.

My father screamed for his men to come in and take her down and before I knew it; myself and Hwi were on the ground and they surrounded Yeon and we both screamed and pleaded for my father to leave her alone but Yeon just looked at us and silenced us both with an apologetic look before she took out one of my father's guard's swords and had them all down on their knees in minutes. I was shocked into silence as was her brother who looked more angrier than anything. "Let them both go" she demanded. My father was also shocked and couldn't think of anything to say so he let us go. Hwi ran to her to pull her away but she just shrugged him off "Now here's what's going to happen. You are going to let my brother walk away from this suicidal mission you have for him, trying to kill a prince. If you want the dirty work done, you do it yourself. And you are going to let your son follow the path he wants and not control every aspect of his life. Or so help me I will send the prince the scrolls I have collected recording every meeting you've had in this very mansion of your plans against him."