Chapter 39: Kim Chun-Ae

I tried with all of my might to stay besides him so he wouldn't fire me like he did everyone else in the manor as soon as he turned it down. I followed him every and fed him, washed his clothes and armour, I fed his horse and cleaned his weapons...I thought I was doing a god job but for some reason he found fault with everything I did for him; the clothes still stank, my food was horrible, I was being too harsh on the horse...I even used his money to buy a new horse for him who was down on his last legs but he just exploded in anger and vented that he could one cheaper elsewhere and that horses took a long time to train. His man Sung-Rok eventually had to interfere for once and he pulled me away as the Young Master was very nearly about to kill me "what the hell is his problem? How long has he been acting like a god-damned maniac?" "don't you know? He's been like this ever since his precious retard left his sight, it's like he's blind without her! Nothing I do is good enough or measure up to what she does." "Are you serious? If he's not moping after his low-born friend he's now obsessed with his epileptic sister?" "She's more than that" I sighed "he even...he even discussed work with her" "WHAT???" "I know, I don't understand why he would talk to a woman about any of this. No matter how...educated she is, men should still keep their work lives private" "well maybe it's a good thing she's gone. Now he can finally focus on himself."...

My world collapsed when Nam-Jeon's crimes were discovered and exposed but that bitch...the young master was my last hope...in more ways than once. Only a week before this happened, my cousin Da-In's family were in some other village far away from here...on her way to meet her new husband, not that she knew about it. I could only picture her face when she found out...and the bitch finally abandoned him just like I knew she would...finally leaving him to me. I wen back to him after I have him a few minutes to collect himself and I apologised and tried to explain that I just wanted to give him a nice surprise after everything he went through but he wasn't listening to me anymore and was just focused on that damn cheap embroidery she 'accidentally' left behind that he wrapped around his sword scabbard. When he wasn't drunk with kisengs he was high...but he never let another woman touch him I noticed.. He was never sober for weeks...but god forbid anyone touch his precious embroidery...a few people nearly lost their lives if they did, including myself. His transformation into the athletic inspector now turned drug addict broke me again...and I vowed I would become his woman before he met Yeon again, no matter what it took.