Chapter 155: Seon-Ho/Seo Yeon

I couldn't face her even though I begged her in my mind to see my tears as well as hers. All I wanted to do was curl up with her and our children and never leave their sides. When Da-In explained that the Queen went against our talks to move by reinstating her by my side I punched the wall next to her so hard I couldn't control myself. All the women screamed in shock which only seemed to piss me off even more. All the children came running down in fear, and when my precious daughter asked me who all these women were I felt ashamed to look her in the face. She started making her way to me as usual and Chun-Ae tried to talk to her herself, leaving Hana scared and confused. I saw Yeon's angry face at this and I snapped. Before she could touch her I reached out to grab her hand and threw it away from her so violently that she fell onto the floor. I scooped my daughter into my arms and reached out for my son to follow me with my nephews in tow.

Thankfully Hui-Jee witnessed everything and helped me explain the situation to my kids; their reactions to the situation had me in tears which I had a hard time holding back from. But she also made it clear to them that I had no choice in the matter at all and that they should avoid them at all costs, looking at me for my approval when she stated that last part. I gave it to her and held onto my kids as much as possible until we heard Chun-Ae arguing with Hwi quite ferociously. I just sighed bitterly and asked Hui-Jee to help my kids pack up their stuff as we had no choice but to go back to our homes. I managed to convince Hui-Jee to consider moving to the area for mine and Yeon's peace of mind that they would remain safe out here, especially as Prince Bang-Won was exiled from this area so he couldn't come after Hwi as he finally manage to free himself from his grip.

I went inside and had to physically restrain Hwi from striking Chun-Ae was which was so unlike him but she had the ability to get under everyone's skin, including a mellow man like him. It wasn't for her benefit at all, I didn't want to get him in trouble with the Queen who put her by my side again. It was coming to the point where all the kids were getting scared and I had no choice but to pack everyone up and go home; taking one last look at the life I was so ready to live with my family in peace away from the palace.

The children went with Yeonnie in front of us while I stayed not far behind with the other women in all their carriages and their escorts with Chun-Ae on my horse. There was no way I was going to let them settle anywhere near our dream village. I tried to settle the women in a different house temporarily until I found a way to deal with this unexpected 'gift' from the king, and not have my own family fall apart from it. I had no idea what the hell Nam-Kyu did to get out of the palace's dungeons but I was going to find out. And as if ti surprise wasn't enough, I had to also house the Kang son along with his sisters as he had nowhere to go!

*************

Seon-Ho changed from the moment he walked into our house with those women; he was stuck in a place that his father was in the past that caused him to lose his mother. As upset as I was about this situation I want going to abandon my man in my anger. He was also the father of my children and I wasn't going to let them watch other irrelevant people tear our family apart and watch our marriage crumble. And I know my husband needed me now more than ever, if I even took a half-step away from him he would make me pay for it now more than ever.

After what seemed like all day he came home seething in silence after dumping the concubines in an unfurnished unliveable home since they were so desperate to become a part of our family, and they were all orphans so we didn't need to worry about the backlash we would get for placing them there. He managed to put together a smile for our children but he sent them to bed early and turned his attention to me. I just made my way towards him and held him in my arms rather than showing him how to hurt I was...as if he didn't already know. He collapsed into my arms, repeating to himself how he was so close to escaping from it all and it absolutely broke my heart. It was like his father's ambition in that wretched palace kept swallowing him in when he wanted to pull away. And despite his own goals and dreams I know he was tired even though he was close to achieving almost all of his goals and dreams. He had dumped them into

I took him to bed and held him until he fell asleep in my arms. I then attended to my children who were obviously upset by the changes that rocked their world a few hours ago. They were still up waiting for me and had been crying. I sighed, swearing to make anyone who upset my children pay for a single tear that dropped from their eyes. I wouldn't be a meek wife and mother and let others interfere in our lives. I trusted my husband to do the right thing and stand by the family we never thought we could have.

They both crawled onto my lap and I held them tight before explaining their father's position in the palace and what came with it. But I assured them that he loved us the most and I had to convince them by myself that their father had no plans to have children with any of them, and that even if they did they had to respect them as their siblings just like how they regarded Bong-Ju. I pleaded with them to help their father out instead of being harsh on him and I told them to find their future partners like someone to loved them as we did. I watched them fall asleep, trying to hold onto my own words.