Chapter 58: Seon-Ho

I then saw Yeon, the old Yeon dressed in her usual rags, swiftly making her way through the harvest field with both her father and brother holding her hands. They walked only a couple of steps until her father stopped in her tracks and let go of her hand. They both turned around with tears in their eyes as they bade him farewell. They then both turned around and carried on walking a few more steps before Hwi also stopped in his tracks and let her go. She turned around to embrace him until she carried on walking with her hand stretched out as she felt the grains through her hands. She then stopped in her tracks, and started untying her hair and undressing herself in my full view! She then transformed...she started dressing herself in fine clothing that really exhibited her slim figure that I had never noticed before. She smelt...heavenly; she was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes upon.

I then saw my father's mansion to my right side and I saw first hand how she put things together through quick flashes; she regained her memory, she started sneaking out to work behind our backs, receiving harsh punishments at work such as whip lashes...she even started training with my weapons very late into the night when she could! No wonder Hwi was so overbearingly protective over her to depths that I even didn't understand! I walked up to her to embrace her...until I saw a bow and arrows on her back. She made her way up to me, stretching out her hand for me to take. And she embraced me...all of me, I was suddenly covered in blood but she only held onto me harder, refusing to let go. I saw soldiers, enemies all around us but I was the only person in her eyes as she pulled me in for a soft, embrace that I had never felt in my life before. No one held me in close regard other than her brother; no one touched me, embraced me or even wanted anything to do with me apart from the Seo's...apart from Hwi. But Yeon...she saw me, she really saw me, she heard me, listened to me...and touched me like I was hers and hers alone. When the enemies got close enough she pushed me onto the ground as she fired all her arrows accurately hitting every single person who had their hands stretched out to kill me. I was frozen onto the ground, completely in awe of her. She then ran to me to check over, even though she knew full well that I was fine but she just looked at me with such sad eyes that overwhelmed me completely. I had never witness such devotion in my entire life, I was a lonely unwanted bastard son in my world and was insulted as soon as I step foot outside. She clasped onto me so tightly and showered me with so much affection that was so foreign but warm to me...until she passed out in my arms with an arrow lodged in her back. She then woke up and dislodged the arrow from her own back when I started screaming in shock...only to fling it to the nearest tree where we saw two children playing together with a kite; a boy and a girl who looked to be the same age. They looked at the arrow and started running towards us but they were too far away from me to see their faces...but the kept on screaming "mommy" and "daddy" with their little hands stretched out...

I then saw a different scenario...she was walking towards the little girl first who's face I still couldn't see clearly. She sat down next to her and then placed her onto her lap "What are you doing my love?" She looked at this child with so much fierce love...much more then even my own mother could give me...and it was just making me fall for her harder and faster. "I'm waiting for father to come and get me" she had Yeon's honey voice and I could tell instantly who she was "And who is your father?" She teased her"Nam...Nam Soen-Ho!" She smiled before Yeon cooed and held her close in her bosom.
I fell to my knees, with so many overwhelming emotions my father had never let me feel before...I felt like an old crippled man who had died and now I had been reborn. I had new hope; a life carved out for me that I could take as my own, reasons for me to live and carry on, not just to survive...because for the first time I wanted to live and breathe fresh air for myself...for the first time...

I then saw the boy running up to her. She hugged and kissed the girl passionately before sending her off to find Hwi. She then reach out to the boy and once again placed him on his lap and held him so tightly I was surprised he didn't suffocate. But once again she had deep parental love in her eyes when she conversed with him...he reminded me so much of myself alarmingly that it began to upset me a lot. It only showed me how much I was needed in their lives....as a proper father...that I had no idea how to become. But it looked like Yeon would help me a lot...she made up for everything that my mother lacked...and I couldn't be more blessed that I had met her at all...

And when I woke up she was gone...that's when I had finally processed everything she had done, not only to protect her brother but myself as well. I remembered when I used to come home after long hours in the palace that my room used to be a lot warmer, I was served extra portions of food...and I was finally able to sleep more after 20 years the day after I told her to stop serving me tea. And I don't know how, but I had a feeling that she even got herself involved in my work in the palace somehow. And it was then that I knew...I had met Yeon for a reason...I couldn't stop thinking about when I started observing her, but....but I loved her. No, I was in love with her. And everything she did was me for myself and her brother. I believe that I had that dream or vision or whatever it was for a reason...god was showing me who my soulmate was....and it was her all along.