Chapter 111: Seo Yeon/ Kim Chun-Ae

I had only made it back just in time...I had just arrived back to the village after the Prince had extended his trip by another full month of nothing but dinner parties, sparring and brothels. And finally got a chance to relax instead of working arid the clock all day everyday. I made a few new acquaintances and I had reconnected with Hyun-Ki of all people who happened to be visiting the province with his family at the same time. I was fully aware of the reason why Hyo-Sonn had turned against me and what hyun-Ki felt towards me. But as much as I missed Seon-ho until my heart bled, maybe I needed a change of pace for a while. He was the same height as I was, unlike my man who towered over most people, and was just an inch taller than my brother. He was cam and collected, whereas Seon-Ho raged around like a bull in heat. Hyun-Ki was considerate and kind, and he actually sought for my permission for things rather than dumping things on me...even if he did always get it right. He could read me just as easily as I could him, I could fall into his arms easily and he could catch me with one arm...his hands wee twice the size of mine but I liked that about him...I fit into his torso like a puzzle piece and I felt safe. I didn't have to guard myself, be self-conscious or have to worry about anything. I tried to keep up with Hyun-Ki to the best of my ability and relax for once...and trying not to think about my brother of Hyo-Sonn when we returned. Bang-Gan wanted to stay even longer but thankfully he gave me permission to leave; two months were more than enough, not to mention I had to face my brother when I got home.

Thankfully I had Hyun-Ki take me home; I knew his presence would only cause trouble with Seon-Ho and Hyo-Sonn but I really didn't care right now. I had finally rested for while, and I was ready to go back into the chaos of the palace and take on Bang-Won. I was desperate to leave everything behind me after that and move on with my life...and as for my so-called man...well I would have to think about that later. It was a long ride on the ship home; every wave that ran under us was bringing me closer and closer to the unknown; I hadn't kept in touch in anyone for the first time, and I had to find a way to eliminate the witches that had been making my life a misery. I had already been too lenient with them and I had had enough. I just had to take the rest of my things from the gaya home and maybe move back to Ihwaru in the meantime. But as usual, I found Seon-Ho in my way again as I found him stumbling drunkenly to the gaya home. My heart dropped to the floor, the memories of our last time etched into my mind forever. I hadn't expected to see him so soon but it had become a habit since I left his father's mansion; he turned up everywhere I was present. If that wasn't a sign that he was meant for me then I had no idea what was, but he still hadn't explained himself and I had no time for his games. But I couldn't deny that the sight of him worried me out of my mind. The closer I got to him I noticed that his hands were blue from the cold and bleeding all over the ground. His hair was completely out and he was high out of his mind. I followed him to the home and I wanted for him to enter first before going to the smaller rooms where I had some old things stashed away. He made a lot of noise when walking upstairs but the suddenly the noise stopped. I had a bad feeling and before I knew I was running upstairs only to find that idiot with his dagger to his throat. I couldn't believe it; what he was doing and how bad he looked; he had lost so much weight, he looked malnourished and he was shivering so badly that the floor had began to vibrate. I caught his head just in time and took the dagger from his hands and I rushed around to put the fire on and to grab every piece of clothing I had left and I covered him with it.

I thought he had passed out but I felt him hold onto my hand as tightly as he used to...and he was trying to say my name, over and over again. After everything this jerk had put me through since the moment he held my hostage in his father's home I couldn't believe how deeply in love I still was with him. I had thought that he had women taking care of him so why was he like this? And why did he try to take his own life?
I stayed in the home for a week to look after him. Had no idea why but he restored everyone in the home he had taken away from me, including food. I fed him, I clothed him and bathed him while I was just waiting for him to open his eyes. I didn't leave his side for anything, even though I had doubts about his fainting spell but I...I continued to kiss him every morning and every night, I slept in his arms. I started writing him a letter about everything I had been up to on my trip with the Prince, even the things I knew he wasn't going to like, but I didn't want to hide anything from anyone either. I wasn't even sue what sh found out, but it was time to hell him, could distance him all I wanted to but what we had was too precious of me to loose. The way he treated me before told me that he was angry at me about something, and the fact that I was stalked, my room was ruined and the one thing no-one should have known about apart from the people closest to me was missing...it had to be Seon-Ho. He had to have found out, right? I kept taking his hand to my face to caress my cheek just like he used to, even when he forced situations to happen between us in our final days. I leaned over to kiss him...only to be slapped as soon as I got close to him.

*****************

I could not believe the nerve this bitch had to be taking care of the man she abandoned over and over again. She left him as a stone cold piece of work who threw himself in his work and nothing else. He barely ate or slept, he was surrounded by cheap women, alcohol and drugs! He was everything but the man he could have been in his prime already and it was all her fault! And I couldn't believe that he was back here like he was every single night! The more Nam-Kyu chased him the more ruthless he became, and his old temper stared to reach new heights, especially towards me. I continued to take care him in every way despite the abuse he unleashed on me...he actually blamed me for her absence! She had really turned him against me, I had even began to feel sympathy for any servant who even mentioned her name...he wouldn't even let em take care o him! Just the mere sight of me put him in a bad mood and nothing I did would pacify him. I had no choice but to follow him when I could just to make sure he didn't harm himself...but this bitch was the last person I expected to find by his side. So I chased her away and she couldn't even say anything about it. I was climbing up the ranks as quickly as I could in the palace just so I could be good enough to marry him. I looked over at my poor man and I made my way to tend ti him finally. I hope and prayed that he could wait for me to become good enough to become the partner he needed to take care of him and help boost him in his career. I had read book after book on his job to further understand him and his goals, I continuously checked up on his income and what he could provide me with when I finally stopped being a servant, I knew he was only treating me his way because of her... I didn't expect her to be back so soon, so I definitely had to take my position to a new level to kick her out of the palace once and for all. I couldn't help but take in his fandoms reface a much as I could, this was the first time I had been able to get so close to him...only to hear him moan that bitch's name before finally opening his eyes.

I could tell that I was not the one he expected to see as I witnessed the blank but cold state he gave me. He asked me straight away where Yeon was and I tried to lie to him by pretending she still hadn't returned yet. I was so focused on protecting her from him I didn't even see the letter she had left behind until he practically pushed me onto the floor and reached for it as if his life depended on it. He didn't even notice how coarse my hands were from the cold and the blisters I had gotten from my day's work just to rush over to find him but he reached out for that paper as if his life depended on it. His eyes narrowed before he walked away without uttering a simple thank you for me or any tear owed for that fact. I was invisible to him as usual and there was still nothing I could do about it until I made her leave.