Chapter 138: Seo Yeon

Seon-Ho seized his chance "My Lady! You have crossed all limits. Are you meaning this marriage was arranged by the Queen to usurp the throne? Guards! Report this conversation to the King immediately!" Kang Nam-Kong instantly got unhinged and started a fight with Seon-Ho and tried to stab him with his sword but I couldn't let that happen and I tripped him with a candlestick that was close by still hiding. But Seon-Ho caught on and punched him so hard that he was knocked out. And before Kang Nam-Kyu could make her escape he captured her and we all made our way to see the King as quickly as we could.

They made a right scene; claiming their fame and fortune to the Queen, how dare we touch them so on and so forth. I had rarely witnessed Seon-Ho so fully determined like this, it was really doing something to me. We all stood in the Royal Court and waited for the Royal's attendance. The tension was too much and when her finally woke up, Kang Nam-Kong took one look at me and angrily yelled at me leave, trying to thrash me but the moment he reached his arm out to grab me Seon-Ho caught him and twisted his arm, breaking it in the process, and pulled me behind him protectively. The minute Kang Nam-Kyu she completely freaked out, I had never seen anything like it before. She began to scream my name out, blaming a lowly person like me for sowing discord between her and her fiancé of all things! Hwi and the two princes came storming out of their residences, demanding to know what was going on and Hwi had to really hold me back from ripping her apart.

Finally the King and Queen arrived; when they saw who my fiancé was holding the Queen was ready to rip him apart himself but not before he sent witnesses to recounter what had occurred. The Queen almost fainted on the spot, and tried to stop us from talking to the King at all in his presence! But when Hwi tried to help us that's when Bang-Won got his father's attention. To say that he was flabbergasted and heartbroken when he heard it all was a complete understatement. He had no choice but to take his Queen away as almost half the Palace had heard about the fiasco at the last-minute disarranged court, as well as her relatives. But as she was taken away, the Queen suddenly turned on me! Apparently I was jealous of my fiancé's first marriage and wanted to prevent it from happening so I tricked Kang Nam-Kyu into a false confession! I was completely shocked! The King looked like he agreed on the scapegoat but suddenly all the men I knew threw themselves in front of me; even Seon-Ho threatened to resign from his post, which made the King turn pale. He needed him now more than ever...but there was still the threat that the King could kill me quietly in return for this insolence...only to have Bang-Won himself put me under his protection for my brother's sake. The King knew then that he could not touch me, nor could the Queen. It all happened so fast that I remember falling...and the room turning black...

I woke up in my man's lap with the biggest headache in his study whilst he was at work with one hand cupping my face. I got up and planted a kiss on him before sitting in my favourite position for a while; on his lap with my head in his neck and my arms around his waist as he continued to work in his study as. I know he was trying to stay calm but we were all worried about what would happen next...not long afterwards Seon-Ho joined me in bed. We wrapped ourselves in each other as usual but I could tell that something was eating away at him. I tried to distract him a much as I could by talking about the wedding "you really must be worried about me if you're the one talking about the wedding first" he tried to joke but I got up and sat on his chest "I know what you're worried about my love. But believe me, no one can take me away from you and you know that. You've made me surrender to you, more than I had ever imagined...and once we're married no one can tear us apart." But the more I spoke the more unsure he was getting "talk to me, what's going on? What are you thinking about?"

He gave me a look; anger, fear, anxious all rolled into one. He then took me in his arms and asked me "Yeonnie, swear to me on my mother that you will never leave me...please" I had never heard him sound so broken before but that wasn't what surprised me; he had never mentioned his mother to me once. That showed me how terrified he was that he couldn't protect me. "I swear on your mother and even my brother that I will not leave you. You are my life, my breathe and my soulmate. No matter what the prince wants from me I will not agree to it if it takes me away from you" I clung onto him for the rest of the night and I showered him with all the affection I could until he finally fell asleep. I watched him for a while, thanking my lucky stars that he loved me as much as he did and that even he was the one who was pushing for us to marry as hard as he was. I even loved his possessiveness...his protectiveness....his intelligence...his growth in handling his emotions...everything about him; even his anger. There was not one thing I didn't love about him since the day we met. And in only a few days I would be his bride, I would marry my soulmate and hopefully be reincarnated with him in all of our next lives together.