Chapter 193: Seon-Ho/ Seo Yeon

They were about to rush into my mansion but when Nam-Kyu came out, just their presence alone seemed to calm everyone down. I recognised something that one of the men who was attained close tour home carried, something I had seen in the palace countless of times, letting me know that someone from the palace had finally made his move against me and had partnered up with Nam-Kyu. And the riot on the streets was planned so that I could have lost my wife and my son. I tired to keep my cool as I got the children and women locked up in Yeon's wing just as I had reconnected with my family after such a long day and I barely got to hold my new-born long enough to take in his sent about 10 times just like I did with my twins. I still had a wound on my torso that Yeon hadn't been able to tend to yet and I was completely exhausted, and before I could even demand just what the he hell was going on Nam-Kyu announced some bogus charge of fraud for the position of the army general's wife...along with a few morale laws Yeon had broken in her past to help everyone around her. And this was happening just as the King had retired to another province to seek treatment and the Queen was now the regent in charge. She demanded that Yeon had to leave my moms in front of everyone and the only thing I could do for the sake of my family was to comply if I wanted to keep them from harm...and sacrifice myself if I had to keep everyone alive from the poison I kept spreading amongst my loved ones, just like my father told me over and over again.

*****************

These bastards actually had the nerve to threaten my children if we didn't go to jail peacefully which almost sent me into overdrive but my husband just shouted instructions to me and I obeyed out of fear. They tried to separate us but my husband still had enough power to keep me close to him at all times; I had just given birth that day and I could hardly move so he had to carry me in his arms all the time as we were thrown into the carriage that took us to our destination. We were then thrown into jail for a couple of hours whilst all we could do was pray that our children were alright. We were there in silence until Nam-Kyu once again came strolling in dressed in my wedding outfit. We were both stunned into silence before Seon-Ho tried to lunge at her with both arms aiming for his neck but she shouted out our children's names that stopped him in his tracks.

She told them that she was the one who had us arrested...and she was willing to spare myself and his children as long as I left his life. I felt my heart drop to the floor as she also planned on framing my brother and family. I looked over to my husband who had such a sad twisted face on him I could only look at him in despair. But before I could say anything his face and body twisted into something dark and terrible. It told me everything I needed to know; he was going to leave me and his family so we could live. Tears ran down my face and I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces as I tried to cling to him with all my might...but he pulled me towards him violently and marked me with his sword by giving me a deep cut only we could understand; I was still his no matter what. I embraced him one last time but I might as well have kissed a corpse. He shoved me out of the jail cell and onto the floor, his now cold eyes never leaving mine.

I had never felt such gut-wrenching misery in my life; I knew in my past that no matter where I ran or acted childishly that he would only be a step behind me no matter what. But now I felt like I had lost my soulmate and the father of my children for good. But I had no time to wallow about it. A horse was waiting for me as I made my way to my children, praying no harm had come to them.

There was a carriage waiting for me with the women and children...apart from Hana. I was completely out of my mind with worry until Chul told me that she would be staying behind with her father and not to worry about her. I noticed that both women suffered from a little beating themselves when I saw how badly Hui-Jee held onto her boys and Hwa-Wol had Hwan in her arms, and I promised both of them I would make these girls pay no matter what. I then looked over at my baby boy who was ripped from his father's arms the same night he was born; the father who awaited his arrival the most and had no qualms about how eager he was to get me pregnant again. The man had once again been putting pre-natal medicines in my food and drink, he insisted on me getting out our children's old clothes that he made me make myself under his watchful gaze and even put me on a damned diet that I wasn't even aware of until the twins pointed it out.

Of course the moment our horse and left I had ridden into an ambush full of arrows. We galloped as hard as we could whilst the boys all suddenly crawled out of the carriage and started firing back with the weapons my husband always loaded under our seats. It was a long fight until my brother's army friends had joined us halfway and took us all to my brother's old hide-out safety. They told me that my brother's home was raided unexpectedly but thankfully he caught wind of it just in time and got the children out to safety, where he was waiting for us. Every was tired, wounded and hungry as the men attended to us for once, cooking whatever they could while Moon-Bok attended to all of us and Chief Park tried to attend to the entire household. And all I could do in the meantime was care for my newborn until he was strong enough to do without me for a few hours at a time so I could get my husband back which I had sworn to do the minute he marked me. He would never leave me alone even if that was my wish; so now I was going to bring him back to his family no matter the cost. I didn't educate and train myself and our children for nothing.