Chapter 13: Kang Da-In

I was absolutely frozen on the spot standing outside his mansion as days...months...years of waiting to see him again, the plans I had for us when we returned and the military research I spent hours studying just so I had something in common to talk to him about...all gone when that...creature stole him from me. She had changed a lot but she still wasn't as beautiful as I was; she still lacked elegance and nobility. When I finally returned to my senses hours later I was about to walk through his gates again, only to hear my parents returning. I already had a...history of taking out my anger on the help but the nightmare I had lived through now, I had no plans on reliving it to explain it to them. I ran back to my room as fast as I could, knocking down the maids and the other god-damned servants as I had my bath ready and waiting for me as I scrubbed myself viscously from her touch...her low-born commoner touch as she dared to lay on my skin...my perfectly fair skin that I kept in good condition and untouched by anyone apart from myself...just for him.

My mind wondered back to the first time I ever laid my eyes on him in his new noble clothing...he just looked so different! So shiny and new...unlike those other dull noblemen who had the same interests, the same taste in foods, clothing, weaponry and ambitions. But Seon-Ho...I could tell when I first saw him transform in what he was destined to be that he was going to achieve greatness that my own father paid to have on his long shiny list. It was...fascinating to watch him reject the things that would only make him stronger in future...one of the strongest people in our nation. He could lead us all into a new age of nobility, class, excellence and nothing less...he could weed out the tramps and bums that he surrounded himself by...he may be the one to finally put them in their place in our fine society before putting an end to they rotten existence...only someone who was part of them could do it.

I waited for my parents to fall asleep before I sneaked out...I would usually wait for Chaun-Ae to open the gate but I had to find an alternate route inside...I had to see what was going on. Maybe...maybe he knew the error of his ways and wanted to apologise to me at long last? "Don't even think about it Da-In, I can smell your perfume from all the way over the gate that's how strong it is" he wasn't even happy to see me...he was getting impatient now. "Oraboni...you didn't even let me explain..." "There's no need to, I know you very well. You started it, you provoked her then took your anger out on your cousin after you couldn't sabotage Yeon." "Yeon again! That's all you've been saying all night! I grew up with you for longer than she has! My cousin hit me and shouted at me, Yeon bullied me as well although you don't believe it! I'm the victim here! No one has even had. The decedent to apologise to me first! Ever since she grabbed her chance to stay with you, you've changed. Now you've become indifferent to me, your oldest friend!" He snorted so hard I wanted to cry "friend? Who's my oldest friend? I had no idea that I had more than one. Stoop spewing nonsense girl, we were never friends" "I know more about you than she does. Let's see if she's still full of herself then! And don't I haven't noticed the gifts you've given here I know her clothes came from you! I'll destroy everything that doesn't belong to her, let's see how pleased she will be then!" "Have you finished your rant yet! She is mine!"

"Wh...what did you say? She's yours? Who are you trying to fool; me or yourself? She belongs to her brother...only he can decide who she goes with. Are you...are you in love with her?" My question was met with silence... I know what that meant. But I wasn't going to give up either.