Chapter 84: Seo Yeon

But my troubles with the ranch were ever ending; in the end I had to be caught in a trap to free myself. Like I said I had had enough of the people's antics and narrow minds but...the truth was that Seon-Ho was getting busier for work reasons and I knew he had started keeping his distance from me only to chase him by not stopping by so often anymore. When I distanced myself from him I could handle it because I had reason to do so...or so I thought. When he did it, I missed him far too much. He had made me the centre of his world and in doing so...he became the centre of mine without even understanding it until he pulled a trick like this. I missed his scent, his intense gaze whenever he looked at me and his warm touch whenever he touched me, which was a lot. Sometimes he would sleep next to me and I could feel his large hands touching me everywhere before he would usually pull me close to him; his face resting on mine before we both fell asleep together. But I hadn't heard from him for a week or two and to be honest I missed my only true friend, guardian...and lover. I missed the days he addressed me as his fiancé and soon enough I started to day dream about what it could actually be like to become his wife. I already had a routine set with him; work, meals, study and other things he wanted to teach me himself...all that would be new would be...our activity in the bedroom.

I used to blush and tremble every time I had thought about it. The sensations I would feel every time I thought about it only made me long for him even more. I bought him staring at more than my face more than a few times already...but for some reason I didn't have it in my to tell him off, because I...well he caught me a few times doing the same thing without saying anything about it. I had no idea that such a level of intimacy existed without even having to say anything. Just our gazes alone already felt like we were physically intimate. I...i wouldn't help myself tracing his features and even...grazing him under his clothes the few times we slept side by side. The scrawny little boy who was always chased or being bullied had most certainly overcome his childhood trauma and emerged victorious; both in mind and body...and it had me in complete awe, so much so that sometimes I really wished we were married already.

My absences were of course noted by my employers who already knew that it could happen. But they of course used it to their advantage and made me makeup for the workload almost into the night many times. I was just about to resign when I had noticed that everyone's possessions ended up missing; even a few things I had in my room that were not particularly important. I tried to see them but they were always busy. By the end of the week I had had enough and I had started packing my belongings as I started writing a letter to my brother and Seon-Ho who was away at a different province for work purposes on a tip I had given him form one of my job requests. Sometimes he could handle it on his own so I let him get on with his work. I told them I would be taking a small break in Ihwaru before I loaded my bags onto the horse Seon-Ho had given me but before I could mount it, I could hear the servants shout out my name and charge into my now empty room. From the look on my employers face and the girls who had hares me ever since Seon-Ho made his intentions clear about me, I could already tell where this was going. But I had gotten word from my brother that Seon-Ho was going to be returning to the village later on today so I had decided to play along and what for him to arrive at the right time which he usually did.

The servants took hold of me the moment they saw me and hauled me onto the floor, before accusing me of being a low-born their who probably stole items as my income, and that was why I soon had a lot more belongings than others, instead of refusing to acknowledge that Seon-Ho or my brother gifted me these things of their own will. I had already packed mostly everything, apart from a few bits and pieces I was going to donate to the children that were here; a few brushes, expensive ink that was gifted to me, a pink luscious comb I had bought for a little girl here I was close to...and the hair ribbon I always used to wear at the Nam mansion that Seon-Ho wanted to keep for himself. With these little things the employers really made me kneel on my knees for about 30 minutes whilst they continued to search my empty room and tried to concoct a they out of nowhere that I had nothing better to do with my time than to steal other people's things and pawn them, as if I didn't have my own money. Apparent I was jealous of all the noblewomen I was around and 'I couldn't take it anymore' when to was everyone else around me that had started acting differently after Seon-Ho approached me first. When he stared visiting me in my room, with the door open despite him being 'my fiancé' everyone started clustering outside my door but we were too lost in each other to care. Everyone here tried to serve him in some way but he didn't pay them the slightest bit of attention. They hurled accusations and insults at me before even giving me a chance to speak but I just sat on my knees quietly, trying to ignore the bruises that were now forming around my kneecaps. "You do realise that I was absent on the days of the theft right? My guardian Jeong-Beom informed you of that. You servant tends to my horse and always helps me to mount it before watching me leave. He can collaborate to my testimony" I replied without an ounce of emotion, which seemed to anger her even more. But I knew why they were doing this

I got slapped in the face for this multiple times but I didn't dare make a sound. It was only when they wanted to conduct a clothes search on me that I started to fight back. I kicked, screamed and punched anyone that came my way before I could grab a sword from the guard my female employer always had around her. To say that everyone was surprised that I cold use a sword quite well was an understatement. I had her guard on the floor in seconds; my mistresses' husband was nowhere to be found, but the way she was grieving for her guard made me more than suspicious. But I didn't have time to delve into that; her mistreatment of me had me in a very unforgiving mood in that moment; and before I knew it I had slashed her face as well as her hands, for when Seon-Ho came. As for the noble ladies who had started giving me hell over someone who didn't even want to recognise them; I had rounded them up and locked them into the cold workhouse in the dark before I stumbled to find my horse. My kneecaps were weak and I was injured in the fight; I didn't want any of my men to see me in this state; if I had a single bruise on me they would go crazy. I rode to Ihwaru to seek shelter with Hui-Jee who was already basically my sister-in-law and Hwa-Wol and her husband Moon-Bok who could tend to me behind my brother's back.