Chapter 28: Seon-Ho

"My superior? My superior...oh god am I really to call that epileptic retard my superior" she laughed madly as I felt my jaw drop at the injustice of her words and my anger boiling over like it never had before. I had to run out of my room to unleash myself...there was no way I could keep my emotions inside me anymore...about this ludicrous nation that ran on labels and deciding people by class. Why didn't they understand that if we united...my god we could be so powerful as a nation...

I ran all the way to my training station as I rode around my horse, practised my swordsmanship and shot arrows until my knuckles were blistered and covered in blood. I wasn't even aware of how cold I was until Yeon herself came over to me and covered me in a blanket before taking my hands into hers so I would surrender my weapons. I didn't even fully realise how precious she was to me before I saw my blood on her fair hands...my guilty blood. I suddenly took her hands in mine as I tried to clean it off frantically...I didn't want to taint her with anything bad of mine...only to realise I was just making things worse. I didn't even realise that she was looking at me until much later so tenderly that I...I was completely stuck. God knows if I wasn't in my father's mansion I would have taken her to the nearest place I could find and take her for myself as many times as I wanted...until she surrendered herself to me entirely. If only she knew of my fantasies...what pans has for us...what I wanted to share with her, which was almost everything. Looking at the performance she pulled off tonight I knew she had to be a lot smarter than she let on...that must be why her brother kept her in the house most of the time...She placed her hands on me quite firmly and lead me back to my room and she didn't leave until she saw for myself that I had tucked myself into bed. Even then she didn't leave my side like everyone else around me was always eager to. Instead she arrested me in her gaze whilst she tended to by own blisters and bruises that my father insisted on seeing when he supervised my training...in full view of that servant but we were past caring at that point. She had started sewing fabrics of my clothing that had become loose still smiling ...just for me...and looking straight at me and I couldn't be grateful enough. Before I knew it I had tears running down my face but she wiped them away gracefully not saying a word about it before she lit some really nice incense and she put more wood in my fire so I would sleep better, along with a small cup of milk that no one thought to give me since my mother...Despite the awful turn our lives had taken I was so beyond grateful that I had her in my life, in my home and in my heart that I could't make up for everything she did for me even if I gave her all of my wealth and possessions. Not that she would care for it...as a matter of fact she would chuck it all at my head knowing her. She was surprisingly self-sufficient, a lot more than I had ever given thought to.

When everyone tore me down to my knees; she built me up. Everyone despised my existence; she was waiting for me in my most miserable place to dote on me and tend to me as if I was her most precious person in the world. She talked to me, listened to me, trusted me, worried about me and cared about me; she was even the only one in the mansion that could talk back to the man I feared most in this world; my father. Her body was frail...not that I minded but she sure had a mouth on her that I had never witnessed before. I was shocked when I heard with my own ears how eloquently she could speak...I wouldn't have believed it otherwise. All these attributes and her body, her taste, her blind dedication to others made her absolutely perfect for me...apart from the fact that she was from a lower class than even myself but that wasn't her fault either, the Seo's only got demoted in their social status after the death of their father. I was around them so much that I didn't care about it at all. I found solace in her warmth, a home in her trust, and her care for me... finally gave me a reason to want to live. Yeon was my bright light, my very oxygen...my redemption to all of my past, present and future sins...and as heavy as they were alongside my own guilt...there was no way I could survive without her in his life, no matter what happened in the future with my father and her brother.