Chapter 79: Seon-Ho

Her lie really had me astonished...my feelings were clear to me but I had honestly never pictured Yeon to be jealous, as I did have girls throw themselves at me when we were together, but she never said anything. But now...was she actually that jealous that she made up that lie? That really wasn't like her...and honestly it was just making me...happy. Everything she did and everything she was now, it all fitted me perfectly. But I didn't want her to get away with it so I immediately came up behind her. The minute she looked at my expression she could tell that I had indeed overhead her; that made her actually blush. She tried to leave but I kept stepping in front of her and holding my arms out so she couldn't move. "Noble people have pig's brains?" She tired to kick me but I stepped out of the way so she almost fell down...if I didn't catch her of course "I have a reputation of not being serious with women?" I couldn't help but smirk at that one since she was getting so red in the face she almost resembled a tomato. At this point almost all eyes were on us, and Yeon looked like she wanted to crawl up somewhere and hide. But I wasn't going to let that happen. I walked up to her and grabbed a hold of her arm fo everyone to see. She tried to wrestle me once again but she didn't dare to in public. I whispered to her in her ear "that's a beautiful dress Yeonnie. It matched my outfit" I used my finger to run across the design rather vigorously and I felt her tremble on the spot.

As soon as they were recognised who I was with, her the wife who employed her came rushing over to see if there was any problem; almost pushing Yeon onto the floor if I didn't catch her again. She saw this and wasn't best pleased as she went on a tirade about how she was an embarrassment to the workplace and how she should carry on working for these rest of the night before apologising to me non-stop. She asked Yeon what 'nonsense' she said to me and the other girl pointed out in horror that we were indeed wearing the same matching outfits as she trailed off. But I had had enough already as I grabbed Yeon and held onto her tightly for the duration of the party and made more connections successfully with a beautiful girl on my arm. 'Couples' most definitely did not display themselves so this was new for everyone. To make things easier for us I intruded her as my fiancé, which almost left her choking on her drink. They knew of her social status so they weren't entirely thrilled but when they recognised her as the woman who condemned my father, cleared my name and was under the protection of both of the elder princes their attitudes had changed.

I took her back to her room at the end of the night before I set off to another private party I was invited to at Ihwaru. She looked worried but I asked her why she cared at all since she kept running away from me, hoping that I could make her see that I would not fall under her assumptions. She looked a little angry with me and tried to run away but I pulled her back and assured her that I would behave myself and the she had to put her fears aside and trust me...although I did grasp her quite tight, not giving her any choice but to trust me. She still looked a little conflicted but we had time to work on it until she eventually gave into me. Her employer kept calling her to bed rather belligerently so I kept holding onto her until I made her kiss me goodnight.