Chapter 174: Seo Hwi

I looked over proudly at my baby sister who had once again handled the situation beautifully with our families enemies as she announced her second pregnancy to us all. Luckily for this girls they didn't have the damned nerve to approach myself or my wife, or even anyone else in our circle. She looked over at me before making her way to my side as soon as Seon-Ho had been regularly ambushed by all the children who wanted to play with him, even my own 2 sons who adored him deeply. He was the fun uncle who would spoil them when I couldn't when I was away at work. He always had his eyes on them during my absence and even took them in for sleepovers weekly with little Hyuk who was more attached to them than the other boys in his social circle. She took me by the hand as we went for a little walk outside with my niece Hanna holding onto my other hand.

"What are you thinking about, brother?" She asked me as we both looked at Hanna fondly for a while. She was so much like Yeon who could act spoilt when things didn't go her way. She could get loud when she wanted and she used endless tricks to make herself seen and heard in her father's world. But when she was around her true family she threw herself into books and art. Not a day went by when she wasn't painting, drawing, or doing arts and crafts. She was just a little version of my sister in our youths.

"You, my baby sister, have really grown up so much" I couldn't hope but sigh dismally. "I do not even remember the last time you came running to me when you were in trouble or you wanted to hide in my embrace. I've missed you" she squeezed our hands tighter before we found somewhere to sit "I miss you everyday dear brother, you have no idea. Can't you just leave the Prince's side now and we can all settle together like we planned to? My children love it here, and they can actually be children rather than little socialites in the palace. Too many people keep pushing their children to them to curry favours and I can only keep them from it for so long. I want them to savour their youth's here before they have to grow up." "You've done a pretty good job with them, they aren't spoilt brats at least. They know how to value even the smallest of things. And I hope it's the same for this one as well" I still couldn't believe she was a mother, and pregnant as well. "Don't you worry, I'll leave him soon enough and I can finally bring you home here...well, the children anyways. I'll talk to Seon-Ho about choosing a home here for you all and talk to him about the school he's been wanting to open. He's got all the funds ready but it's better if he has a part of setting it up himself so we can trap him here" I joked around whilst she playfully hit me as Hana fell asleep right on my lap. It was rare that I could have my sister to myself, that brat was so busy looking after everyone else when she came here that she barely had time for me. "The Royal Family are taking their annual 2 month break in their summer palace so we'll be here for that time, hopefully even longer. I miss being a low-born brat" she joked whilst she kept running her hands into her daughter's hair just like I used to do to her after her fits. "And I can help him with the school, we can refurnish half of the village that you haven't been able to yet, and anything else that needs out attention. Starting with a place for all the children instead of keeping them with us or dangerously wandering the streets like we used to."

Just those words brought back all of my childhood memories; the good and bad. I had been chained to Bang-Won's side for years as my investigation continued but he knew how to keep his secrets with his sword. I had searched all of the archives I could, but it was only my father's case that could not be found anywhere. The one place I hadn't had a chance to look properly...was here. And I needed to tell Seon-Ho when my sister wasn't around, or who know's what she would do or how far she would go even in her present condition. Not long after we were joined by my brother-in-law- who had to carry his daughter back to our home and put her in bed along with his son. I told him that we would spend the next day together had he modded in agreement before being pulled away by a sleepy Hyuk who had been bouncing around with my boys non-stop. I kissed my sister on her forehead as I would always do before she slept before had my own sleepy boys pulling on my arms to put them to bed before their mother was due to join us 2 days later.